Need D.C. advice

Bev,

Sorry we did not get back to you sooner! Didi left you a voicemail this morning.

We love the Willard too, but considering your trip has visits both to suburban Virginia and in-town, you might consider a different place. If you will be driving a car out to GMU and taking the metro or cabs in DC, think about the Key Bridge Marriott. It's right across from Georgetown, near the VA highways and the Rosslyn metro stop, has good parking and wonderful views of DC if you get a room on the upper floors.

Call us for more details!

Tim

Any suggestions, please, for dinner in Washington? I will be with my daughters, my soon to be son, and a few of their friends. Delicious, beautiful and festive would be nice. Thank you!

Agree with either of the Fiola family for fancy/high end, Central Michel Richard for French or any Jose Andre for a fun vibe, original food. Also if you like Indian, Rasika is phenomenal, inventive and different. Soooo many good choices in DC.

Hey Bart, we are headed to Dead & Co on November 6...are you going?!?

mb

Agree with either of the Fiola family for fancy/high end, Central Michel Richard for French or any Jose Andre for a fun vibe, original food. Also if you like Indian, Rasika is phenomenal, inventive and different. Soooo many good choices in DC.

Hey Bart, we are headed to Dead & Co on November 6...are you going?!?

mb
Big fans of Indian-thank you for he suggestions, and forgot about Michel Richard. Had planned to go there a few visits ago and the train wound up delayed on the tracks for four hours...had a late dinner at the Japanese Embassy instead, but thats another story.

..had a late dinner at the Japanese Embassy instead, but thats another story.

Hmmm, sounds like it might be a good one...:)

I'm pretty sure the Rasika West End is close to your hotel.

This revived thread is reminding me we gotta start making dinner plans for our November visit.

You're pretty close to Rasika West End (same menu as the original Rasika). If you like Indian, don't miss this place. All the dishes are great, but don't miss the Palak Chaat or the Black Cod. Reservations will be required, even on weekdays
http://www.rasikarestaurant.com/westend/

The Oval Room is also pretty close to you and very good. It's modern American and it's owned by the Rasika folks.
http://www.ovalroom.com/

I've never been to Fiola Mare, but have only heard good things (seafood focused)

bto- never saw any feedback on the results for your daughter in the We The People competition at George Mason University? Hope she did well?