Bell Problem in Colombier

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 7.34.53 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 7.33.29 AM.jpg

Interesting word choice this "bling". I've looked fairly thoroughly in French and English for possible uses of the word "bling" as well as for words for "the sound a bell makes". Can't quite make "bling" work in the context.

I thought he/she was referring to the pelican....polished brass perhaps?? It's not the way to go about it when you have neighbors close by. Trashing ones property in an aggressive manner .... Anger issues for sure.

I took it to mean bling as in ostentatious -- the combination of the stylized bell and the wind chime.

I am going to chime in here---I think there is more to this story than meets the EAR....

some people just don't want their bell rung :wink2:

moral of the story, be good neighbors and if something bothers you, tell your neighbor and do not destroy their property.

The situation is disturbing. This person or persons has/have invaded the property twice. Apparently to walk the length of the property and have access to the pool they may have gone thru gates or over walls. It is clear the party is upset and the noise or maybe the sparkle of the 'ornament' in the sunlight is very bothersome to them. We assume the complaining party owns their Villa or are long term renters and may have gotten to know some of their neighbors. They may want to consider knocking on some of their doors to see if the concerned party can be found to talk this through and maybe avid any escalation.

I was president of our 166 home HOA for a number of years and have found that people will go to all sorts of means to avoid knocking on the door (ringing the bell) and speaking face-to-face with their neighbor. People had no problem calling me at 10:00PM, knocking on my door or even sending the sheriff with service papers. My advice to the complainant was to go introduce yourself and speak the concern.

I doubt that publishing a notice in Le News will have a salutary effect on promoting neighborly communication.

to that end.....my wife sits on the board of our 80 member Condo HOA - against strong advice to not do it.....

and she laughed pretty hard when I showed her this piece...given what she has been through in her one year time on the board

her "one and done" term for sure!!!!!

The Solari bells come a lot of different sizes which gives them all different tones plus they are sand cast bronze