canceled flight???...no

MIke R

Senior Insider
Interesting flow of events today related to my trip home.... first I get an email from the website I purchased my return tickets today from saying "Your flight is canceled..please call "

So I did

And they indeed told me my flight is canceled and my choices are to leave a day earlier or get a full refund....

I didn't like either choice and told them in my own special way just how much I didn't like my choices....so I hung with them and called the airline direct to basically say WTF

The airline told me the flight is not canceled at all but the flight times have been changed to the point where I no longer have the required 2 hour window to make my connection and therefore the website where I purchased my ticket took it upon themselves to tell me the flight ( FOR ME ) is canceled....Huh?????

So I told the airline the amount of time given between flights although shorter than originally booked was still enough time to make my connection and I asked them what they can do to increase the odds of me making my connection....
They put me in Economy Plus at no extra charge which not only gives me more legroom etc but puts me right by the door for an immediate exit from the plane.....and they will have a golf cart waiting for me at the gate to whisk me to Customs....

fair enough.....so I left my reservation untouched and unchanged....

so the lesson here is......dont deal with these websites i.e. Kayak.Expedia etc if there is an airline issue....go right to the source.....

alls well that ends well but GOD I MISS MY CONTINENTAL ROUTINE!...

I would also recommend booking flight directly with the airline rather than thru Kayak, Expedia etc. When you are in trouble, the airlines will often say it is not their problem, especially if you think you deserve a refund.

I would also recommend booking flight directly with the airline rather than thru Kayak, Expedia etc. When you are in trouble, the airlines will often say it is not their problem, especially if you think you deserve a refund.
Funny....I've had the opposite experience, many times over. Of course, everyone's experiences are different.

Mike- did you get a confirmation number from the airline itself? I would call your ticketing agency and make sure they don't cancel your ticket. You never know.

I'm confused...so the website cancelled your ticket? Refunded you? And then the airline reinstated your ticket and upgraded your seating at no charge?

I'm confused...so the website cancelled your ticket? Refunded you? And then the airline reinstated your ticket and upgraded your seating at no charge?

the website was gong to cancel me once I agreed to be canceled which I didn't....instead I told them not to do anything until they heard back from me and I hung up with them and called the airline direct, who I must say were more than happy to help me out and find a solution....

I understand the risks of a less than perfect time between flights.....but I am not worried about missing my connection at all..if I do I have friends and family minutes away....I will simply jump in a cab and stay with them and go out next morning....or rent a one way car and drive myself back to Logan...plenty of reasonable options for me here if it all falls apart