Global Entry Saves the Day!

We'll I'll see next year when we have a direct flight from SXM to Philly if we have precheck and go thru Immigration. Right now I'm not biting the hand.
i looked at the chart and we neither applied for nor paid for Precheck.

Must be all that good living Andy!

But you're right, for one international flight a year you might as well just take your chances and not sweat it.

We'll I'll see next year when we have a direct flight from SXM to Philly if we have precheck and go thru Immigration. Right now I'm not biting the hand.
i looked at the chart and we neither applied for nor paid for Precheck.
Your FF credentials are all you need.

Airline Frequent Flyers

Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and Virgin America are contacting eligible frequent flyers with an invitation to voluntarily participate in TSA Pre✓™. Once the passenger opts-in, the airline identifies the individual as a TSA Pre✓™ participant when submitting passenger reservation information to TSA’s Secure Flight system.

Note: Passengers who participate via a frequent flyer program are only eligible on the airline in which they opted-in to participate. To participate on all TSA Pre✓™ participating airlines, travelers must have a Known Traveler Number.

If a participating airlines’ frequent flyer did not receive an invitation from the airline, interested passengers can still participate by joining a DHS Trusted Traveler program.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 214
Ah yes John, I stand corrected. I forgot about airlines specifically granting TSA Pre-Check. Because my regular airlines into and out of the US are Air Canada and Westjet, I need Nexus to be eligible for TSA Pre-Check as well.

So Andy, rock on!

We enrolled in TSA Pre which has been a life saver for our flights in the U.S. Unfortunately there is not a way to enroll in GE in Indianapolis. It sounds wonderful to help make the connections from Int's flights to domestic. We find though sometimes even though we are able to get thru customs quickly, baggage can be the hangup and cause the missed flight.

I'm so glad to have read this thread and have now updated my Goes account with my recently renewed passport as well as my recently renewed driver's license.

(S)hopper- You can apply for GE and have your interview in Cincinnati if you don't mind a bit of a drive...

Ah yes John, I stand corrected. I forgot about airlines specifically granting TSA Pre-Check. Because my regular airlines into and out of the US are Air Canada and Westjet, I need Nexus to be eligible for TSA Pre-Check as well.

So Andy, rock on!

I have Nexus, and I've tried to use the PreCheck lines in LA, Provo, Newark, La Guardia and West Palm Beach and was told at all, that the Nexus status does not equate to TSAPre. I even showed the agent in West Palm on the Nexus website where it says it does, to no avail. The system is not yet working efficiently.

Gayle,
You should get it, but may need to input your trusted traveler number in the carrier's FF records.
This from the TSA site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 150
When we had problems one thing was wrong - DOB, name different from booking document or (gasp) transposed digits in the TT number.

We enrolled in TSA Pre which has been a life saver for our flights in the U.S. Unfortunately there is not a way to enroll in GE in Indianapolis.

Indeed, for us poor country cousins it does entail a journey for the interview. Austin in a couple of weeks for us. Don't look up, they'll know you're lying...

All,

What I have learned about PreCheck is that the airlines transmit your flight information to TSA IMMEDIATELY after you book your flight. If your trusted traveler info isn't already in your profile of that airline's website, you will NOT get PreCheck. Entering it later will not help for that flight, but it should get you PreCheck for all flights booked after you entered it. That isn't clear from the airline websites. Hope that helps.

Jim

Most of the airlines are now printing the PreCheck logo on your boarding pass at the time you check-in. If you don't see it -- beware! This for AA, UA,DL, US and VX based on my experience.

All,

What I have learned about PreCheck is that the airlines transmit your flight information to TSA IMMEDIATELY after you book your flight. If your trusted traveler info isn't already in your profile of that airline's website, you will NOT get PreCheck. Entering it later will not help for that flight, but it should get you PreCheck for all flights booked after you entered it. That isn't clear from the airline websites. Hope that helps.

Jim

Doesn't hurt to enter it as you book the flight - I did so for my husband and son on a Delta flight (we are not ff), and they both got TSA pre-check round-trip.

Good tip THJ! BTW, one doesn't need to fly frequently to sign up as one with the airline of your choice and have your details saved for all future flights AND get credit for the miles!

With Global Entry one is eligible for TSA Pre-Check. The number on your Global Entry card is the number you use for the airlines "Trusted Traveler" programs. Even if you register your "Trusted Traveler" number with the airlines there's never any guarantee you'll be granted TSA PreCheck on your ticket on any given flight. Selection is random and not guaranteed for all flights.

With Global Entry one is eligible for TSA Pre-Check. The number on your Global Entry card is the number you use for the airlines "Trusted Traveler" programs. Even if you register your "Trusted Traveler" number with the airlines there's never any guarantee you'll be granted TSA PreCheck on your ticket on any given flight. Selection is random and not guaranteed for all flights.

True on the random selection, but by then you are at the head of the line and even in a dedicated screening area, so the trip through is quick. Once we sorted out all the numbers and dates on our TSA Pre, we never had another issue.