Rental Companies

Aipotu

SBH Insider
In the past, we've always used Wimco or St. Barths Properties to book our villas. This time around, we've found one that looks great -- but it is not carried by either (as far as I can tell). What sort of experience do folks have with other rental companies? This villa is covered by a few, including something called St. Bart's Blue. It's also on VRBO.

Any thoughts?

We've rented direct from an owner via the web but one year SBP really came though for us so I don't have an issue renting with them. If you find a villa that you like you might be able to figure out who the owner is and rent directly front them.

The main thing that I want to be able to do is call someone local if there is an issue! I figure the transactional side of things is pretty much the same, though the little touches upon arrival matter, but more than anything, the follow-through while there if something is broken, etc.

I recall St Barts Blue posting here several times when their name came up in the title. They seem to have a very nice website. I believe they use a local agency to manage the villas.

Both agencies and VRBO are great... With VRBO, try to find a villa managed by owner... Because to book with agencies adds 10% of Total rates for "services" .

Sometimes it is included with owner's proposal.

Hope you the best stay!

We've used French Caribbean for years for our rentals - and they work through Ici et La locally so that we have a local contact. The Ici et La team has always been extremely helpful.