Rotisserie Closed

tim

There's a sign on the door that says they're closed due to a nonconformity, no indication for how long. The fixtures were still in place inside, but all was dark.

they have an ad in le news and rotisserie is selling some of the fixtures inside. not sure what that means. its always been a favorite of mine.

There's a sign on the door that says they're closed due to a nonconformity, no indication for how long. The fixtures were still in place inside, but all was dark.
Phyllis will be sorry to see that. Best chocolates on the island.

The Gustavia branch of La Rotisserie closed a long time ago. It became St Barth Cafe Par Annick for awhile. St Barth Cafe was closed when I was there in November, but I don't know if that was temporary or permanent.

Thanks, Kevin. The last time I was in the Rotisserie in Gustavia was during the 2012 Bucket week.

I am really disappointed to hear that Petite Colombe closed in Gustavia. I had visions of rolling down the hill to breakfast there. None of the other Gustavia boulongeries have the same diversity of items as PC.

Carambole, on the opposite corner, may be worth taking a fresh look at. Given the demise of La Petite Colombe, their selection may have changed.

and for my euro, Carabole and Choisy are much better than Petite Colombe anyway, and the new owners of Choisy seem to doing a good job, Jeanette, I think you'd like it there as well these days

and for my euro, Carabole and Choisy are much better than Petite Colombe anyway, and the new owners of Choisy seem to doing a good job, Jeanette, I think you'd like it there as well these days

idem (though one euro doesn't go very far ;))

Ok, here's the skinny. Le snack will remain open, but the boutique will be closed for at least 5 months for remodeling. They will reopen transformed into a bar/lounge with live music and gourmet tapas. (trying out to be one of Kevin's helpers :wink2: )

Ok, here's the skinny. Le snack will remain open, but the boutique will be closed for at least 5 months for remodeling. They will reopen transformed into a bar/lounge with live music and gourmet tapas. (trying out to be one of Kevin's helpers :wink2: )

Absolutely Wine II, absent the smell.

The Rotisserie that is closed is next to Andy's in the strip center.

La Boucherie is across from Andy's, and it's still open. They do a good grilled, whole chicken every day. They also do grilled ribs and lobster, but I'm not sure of the frequency. There are a regular grocery store and meat department as well.

oh thanks Tim. Is this the place that is to the right if you're walking up to Andy's from the car park?

What sad news--we have been great fans of Rotisserie since our first trip to St. Barts in 1989. Their roasted chickens were wonderful as well as the prepared salads (carrotte, betteraves, tomates, and so on) and specials of the day (salmon roti, chicken curry and so on). The breads and pastries (exceptional whole grain loaves and baguettes, croissant aux amandes, and exotic fruit tarts). The groceries included Maille mustards, french olive oils and vinegars plus delicious conserves--as well as the best India Tonics for my G&Ts. It was our go to place to stock the villa and enjoy delightful light lunches and dinners overlooking the Bay of St. Jean. It does not seem to be a place that has captured the attention of these forum participants, I guess much to their loss--and now that it is gone it leaves a big hole in the quintessential St. Bart's experience. C'est dommage!

Tim,

The grilled whole chicken, lobster and ribs are a weekend only event at Frank's place La Boucherie. Love the ribs but still get the roti chicken from Bouchon where they are frequently basted while on the rotisserie. kr