More Parking in Gustavia?

JEK

Senior Insider
But where is Rue Pere Dugon?

p.png

Renamed a few years back, as were a number of other streets. It used to be Rue de Presbytere, and I think that it goes all of the way through to the nursery school. Rue Courbet has also been renamed to Rue Dinzey, Rue Thiers to Rue Lubin Brin, that section of Rue Jeanne d'Arc by Shell Beach to Rue de la Plage, etc.

The parking that you see appears to simply be a parking area for the to be constructed premises for the public services unit to be installed there. The green brigade. I assume they are charged to enforce rules bearing on civic orderliness and cleanliness below the level of police enforcement.

Renamed a few years back, as were a number of other streets. It used to be Rue de Presbytere, and I think that it goes all of the way through to the nursery school. Rue Courbet has also been renamed to Rue Dinzey, Rue Thiers to Rue Lubin Brin, that section of Rue Jeanne d'Arc by Shell Beach to Rue de la Plage, etc.

Thanks Kevin!

Gustavia New Map.jpg

Your map reminded me of the Carl Gustaf. Was there a final word on plans for the property? Last I heard it was being considered for apartments.

Rumors, but with the total sunk costs into the land and facility they would be pricy apartments. They do seem to be maintaining the plantings and facade, so I'm sure there will be a deal out there somewhere at some price. One local businessman told me that the hotel was never profitable with only 23 rooms and landlocked location.

We park on the road behind the church all of the time when nothing else is available. It is not a bad walk as nothing is really very far in Gustavia.