anyone know the name of this flower?

didier

Senior Insider
I had some soil in a planter and had not decided what to plant as yet a couple of years ago. within a few weeks after putting the soil into the planter a green leaf appeared. last year one bulb appeared and looks like a lily. this year there are three bulbs, but I still have no clue as to the flower's name or if maybe a bird dropped a seed there. this flower does not last long and blooms once a year.

Attachments

• a flower 002.jpg
    a flower 002.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 521
Problem is campanula is a seed and amaryliss a bulb so if Diana didn't plant it how does a bulb get into the planter. Campanula means bell- the shape of the leaves

well, could not have been from a bulb, unless a bird or lizard was carrying one in their mouth. my best guess is a seed, as the green leaf appeared before I could put something in the planter. I was going to plant jasmine, as I love the smell, but waited to see what this green leaf became.

Look a little further. It's not the kind of seed that a bird would be carrying in its mouth or gut or could blow around. Anyway, my picture is a perfect match.

The one Diana posted looks like one stem and a couple of blooms. Andy, the background on your photo shows so many more blooms.

Andy, I have Clematis plants that show like that-with the bloom surrounded by foliage and a backdrop petal less heads. Diana's appears be a really big flower on its stalk

Amy- these pictures are from a garden site with dozens of flowers in the background. Call it anything you wish.

I will say flowers are just wonderful. But in trying to NAME this one, your pick does not have the inside 'cup' that Diana's shows. I think there are better matches than campanula-bell flowers..

Sorry, Andy - your picture is not a perfect match. totally different flowers. It has the stem of an amaryllis but the flower doesn't look like one.

No 2 flowers are an exact copy. Lots of NOs but no alternate. Bunch of Republicans. :D
BTW- of course it's not an amaryliss. RC would know that.