Sunken Cat

Peter NJ

Senior Insider
Wasn't this recently purchased by someone on SBH? What a shame

Heineken.jpg

That's a shame. Is everyone OK.?

I guess it is time for Randy to write a sequel to his book.

It looks like one hull of the cat was holed. Was it sitting at the dock when that happened or was it towed there? Must have been a huge hole judging by the amount of water being pumped.

Josh,

Ppalu is said to have been moored in Simpson Bay, near the Buccaneer, during the Regatta. The early report is that while unattended, a 180-degree windshift swung one hull within reach of a shallow reef. Mother nature did the rest. She has now been towed to a marina, and is safely "on the hard". As Ellen says the damage is being assessed.

[h=5]D Randy West
[/h]26 mins ·

My God! it seems the whole world is pouring out its sympathy for our plight on Ppalu,Thank you all sooooooo much. it's a tough nut to crack going back to a boat yard after seven months in one but the old girl deserves to be saved dammit so I will persevere, Thank you alllllllll for the support

[h=5]Project Ppalu
[/h]1 hr ·

Buzzard luck on the sinking of Ppalu. My bad as it was I who put out 60' of chain 59' from the corner of the reef. I anchored there many many times with my 60'Shadowfax and never had a problem but 4'wider made all the difference in the world. On the bright side the Dutch Coast Guard was awesome as was Deon and his Salvage effort. That effort has now gotten the boat to Bobby's Mega Yard in the lagoon. Now back to square one on the restoration. Cheers to Spike on Tribe who is lending me his tools as all mine went underwater and thanks to allllll of you guys for your moral support I need that during this time of setback.

Dougie Brookes and protege' Shasha replacing all the stringers with new cedar. — at St. Maarten.

1920227_271668139661434_1785580306_n.jpg

Sad to see this boat now in intensive care.

Looking forward to learning it has made a complete recovery and will be back in the water ASAP!