Au Revoir St. Barths

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
What a great week Dan and I had at our home away from home on the island. A special highlight of the week was the BAZ bar meetup. Thanks to John and Tim and whomever else was responsible. It was great to meet so many forum friends. Our second time being on island for Carnaval was also a special treat. We enjoyed so many wonderful dining experiences returning to some old favorites and discovering some new ones. I had a fantastic week of scuba diving visiting several new sites for me and seeing so many beautiful underwater vistas. At age 65 with the strong possibility of heart surgery looming I'm never sure when my last visit will occur to the underwater world that I love so much. So today we return to the cold north land with our photos and memories, and to our beloved pets, whose furry appreciation will sooth the longing for our special island.

sb0714 037.jpg

Thanks for all you share with us. Best wishes as you deal with those health issues. Take care and do come back! As soon as you can.

You leave us with great underwater images and valued reporting . . . thanks for contributing to our reading pleasure.

Thank you for taking us along with you on your underwater adventures! The photos were beautiful! Sending good vibes your way and best wishes for a healthy and happy return to the island we all love!

Jim, hope your day of travel is a good one. Thank you for taking me to an underwater world that is so magical. I have always wanted to go diving but have a fear so great that I never got the nerve. I haven't given up entirely, however, and it remains one of my bucket list items. St. Bart's would be a great place to cross it off... Thanks again for posting all your photos, above and below the water.

It was a real pleasure to meet you both at the BazBar get-together. I hope you had an uneventful trip back!