Pt. Milou Question

katva

Senior Insider
I've read quite a few mentions about there being a more "buggy" side of Pt. Milou, and also one side being more breezy (and therefor less "buggy, I assume). Would that be the east or west facing side? Thinking east facing is the more breezy/less bugs, but not sure. I know that it all depends, of course, but it seems like there is some sort of consensus on this. Thanks in advance!

We stayed on the western side of Pt. Milou for many years. The villas on the hill the same side as the Christopher all face west. It is less breezy than the eastern side. However, we never found it to be buggy. On the eastern side the wind can be so strong that some villas have their pools placed on the inner side instead of on the edge or have plexiglass screening to block the wind.

We stayed at one of the villas above The Chris once. I loved the sunset views but it can be less breezy and we did have bug issues. Mostly in the open-air kitchen.

Lisa won't consider that side of the island again.

Stayed right behind the Christopher once…all open air living and dining. It was first week of May and very hot and really buggy! Gorgeous view though.

We stayed on the very tip of Pt Milou once. On the tip and right hand side it was sometimes too breezy to sit aroud much. On the left it was just right.

Ok, thanks again! I'm looking at a place out on the end of the point, on the right---- east facing. In the warmer month of May, the wind may be desirable :up:

We always stay in Pte. Milou, facing west. It is plenty windy and we see the sunset every night. However when the wind dies down, the bugs move in. Fortunately this does not occur very often.
On the east side, (the sunrise is aways pretty), the wind is usually very strong- often where one can lean into it and the wind will literally hold you up. It is too strong for us, even when we take our walk around the cycle- le Ti and down to the Christopher and back up, we are glad when we are out of the east wind. You may be right- in the summer, the wind may be a perk.

Ok, thanks again! I'm looking at a place out on the end of the point, on the right---- east facing. In the warmer month of May, the wind may be desirable :up:

We rented at that spot for years in the middle to the end of May...I loved it and miss staying there. Pm if you want info.
Carol