• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Dinner At Maya's 3/1/14

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
My husband Dan wrote this review for my blog: "The culinary highlight of the day Saturday for both of us was dinner at Maya’s, which has been around since 1984, and which we last enjoyed in 2011. Saturday evening it was packed with an international assortment of customers. The restaurant has a changing menu on a daily basis. Plus, they offer specials on top of the printed menu’s offerings. For appetizer Jim had a delicate calamari with arugula salad, and Dan enjoyed a local squash which was served gratinee, a baked cheese covering the vegetable. Jim’s fish entrée was a grilled snapper and Dan had a lovely and delicate Sole Meuniere, which had been baked in butter with a light coating of spices. Jim’s light gateau au Chocolat proved delectable, and Dan ordered a delicious and very sweet orange cake served with liquor sauce and a mango sorbet. Best of all was the rich burgundy wine, tasting of many varieties of fruits, from the vineyard Blaye, year 2009. Happily, Jim knew where to park at Maya’s, and those friends who have been there with us before will be surprised to know that we did not smack the car into a concrete wall tonight."

sb0414 131.jpg

sb0414 132.jpg

sb0414 133.jpg

sb0414 135.jpg

sb0414 136.jpg

sb0414 138.jpg

sb0414 137.jpg

Wonderful photos and descriptions, guys!

We try to get there every trip-always sending back clean plates. Since 1984...well, they must be doing something right. Have been lucky to enjoy the Dover Sole and the filets in person.

you can't go wrong with maya's and my favorite is also the orange cake. I remember it well. great photo's by the way.

Those menus are beautiful. We have one framed and hanging in our dining room, and we have another that is signed but not yet framed.

My husband Dan wrote this review for my blog: "The culinary highlight of the day Saturday for both of us was dinner at Maya’s, which has been around since 1984, and which we last enjoyed in 2011. Saturday evening it was packed with an international assortment of customers. The restaurant has a changing menu on a daily basis. Plus, they offer specials on top of the printed menu’s offerings. For appetizer Jim had a delicate calamari with arugula salad, and Dan enjoyed a local squash which was served gratinee, a baked cheese covering the vegetable. Jim’s fish entrée was a grilled snapper and Dan had a lovely and delicate Sole Meuniere, which had been baked in butter with a light coating of spices. Jim’s light gateau au Chocolat proved delectable, and Dan ordered a delicious and very sweet orange cake served with liquor sauce and a mango sorbet. Best of all was the rich burgundy wine, tasting of many varieties of fruits, from the vineyard Blaye, year 2009. Happily, Jim knew where to park at Maya’s, and those friends who have been there with us before will be surprised to know that we did not smack the car into a concrete wall tonight."

View attachment 23358

View attachment 23359

View attachment 23360

View attachment 23361

View attachment 23362

View attachment 23363

View attachment 23364
Well . . . . I dearly love Randy and Maya and Dora and Sebastien (from the slightly older days); and now, thankfully, when I die, broke from going to St Barths too much, I know just where to crawl to, for mercy and shelter in the afterlife . . .

Well . . . . I dearly love Randy and Maya and Dora and Sebastien (from the slightly older days); and now, thankfully, when I die, broke from going to St Barths too much, I know just where to crawl to, for mercy and shelter in the afterlife . . .[/QUOTE

Ha! How true!
A few years ago we were in Maya's To Go and saw a great Maya's apron. We decided to buy it and saw a price sign of 15 euros. Turns out the 15 euros was for the small jars of jam on the shelf below. The apron was 70 euros, and of course we still bought it.

Moon on the water; waves lapping at the shore; a nice breeze; a crisp Sancerre; Dover Sole or Langouste; with your favorite people and carefree thoughts- that is Maya's.