Les Coulisses - resto update

JEK

Senior Insider
[SUB][SUP]Les Coulisses may be no more. A certain on-island forum member, who we seem to run into noon and night, tells me when they tried to dine there last evening the fine folks at Jicky Marine said [/SUP][/SUB]Les Coulisses [SUB][SUP] is no longer in business.[/SUP][/SUB]

We learned the same thing yesterday since we were going to return for a second great pizza experience. Too bad. They were only open for about five months. Possibly the location was off the beaten track and they didn't have time (or advertising money) to develop a following. Quite a contrast to Black Ginger and Ocean, both of which seem to have hit a sweet spot.

On your recommendation we made it once for a nice pizza and enjoyed it. It was decidedly empty. As Tatiana reported in another thread the Jicky folks think it will reopen shortly. I noticed my cc charge still recorded Saladerie as the establishment.

Les Coulisses has been very active on Facebook, and had posted a steady stream of music and performance-related events on their page. There's nothing there about a change, which is not surprising given that most places slip away quietly, rather than go out with a bang.

An update from Les Coulisses Facebook page:

Le resto a ferme ses portes depuis quelques jours et pour quelques jours encore .. En travaux actuellement .. Réouverture très prochaine avec une toute nouvelle enseigne .. une toute nouvelle équipe .. Et plein d'autres surprises !! ..

The restaurant has closed its doors for a few days and for a few days... In work currently... Reopening very next with a whole new sign... a new team... And many more surprises! .. ;-) (Translated by Bing
)

Thanks, Kevin. It's such a great location. If they can combine a wonderful dining experience, good food and publicity, hopefully, they can make a go of it.

It is in Gustavia, a few doors from Côte Port. If you are familiar with prior restaurants on that side of the harbor, it is in the same location as the former L'Escale, Jao and Harbour restaurants.