• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

La Plage

JoshA

Senior Insider
Yesterday, we went to Saint-Jean beach by the airport.

IMG_3359.JPG

You can see the exclusion zone marked off with buoys to keep people out as planes take off.

IMG_3362.JPG

We strolled over to La Plage for a delicious lunch of beef tartare with a red Burgundy and lobster tagliatelle with a Provence rose.

IMG_3368.JPG

We were entertained by this young lady as she modeled fashions during the lunch.

IMG_3370.JPG

A delicious and complimentary vanilla rum came with the bill.

IMG_3371.JPG

Then came the refills from this bottle.

IMG_3372.JPG

On the way to the men's room one passes the Tom Beach Hotel pool and its guardian.

IMG_3385.JPG

After lunch I inquired about renting a Hobie at the watersports place

IMG_3376.JPG

and was told it was too late in the afternoon for today. Perhaps another day if the breeze remains under 13 knots and the waves aren't too big.

Nearby, sailors were preparing to take off for a fast ride on their racy F-18.

IMG_3380.JPG

Planes were also taking off.

IMG_3379.JPG

Someone was going for a scuba dive from shore.

IMG_3382.JPG

Hellie was happily reading and sunning.

IMG_3383.JPG

Planes landed with important cargo

IMG_3387.JPG

and took off with passengers for the big airport in Sint Maarten.

IMG_3391.JPG

... and the beat goes on ...

Thanks again Josh. We had lunch there a few days ago and were amazed at the beach erosion that has occurred.

Josh - As I sit looking out at Georgia's very rare snow and ice storm, I have thoroughly enjoyed your post. Thanks for taking the time to share and giving us housebound people a glimpse into what awaits us.

Love your reports and REALLY wish I was there. These snow storms are getting so old. You both are soooo tan. As my college friend would say.."you're boo scary" (meaning white as a ghost).

Thanks Josh and everyone else here for the great pix of that little ole rock in the Carib. I don't get around to viewing them, and thanking the posters, often enough. Sometimes I get a moment to enjoy...

nonSBH 006a.jpg

Voosh . . . it looks like you're in the right mind set! Just imagine that the white stuff is sand!

went there for dinner last night, food good, service lacking. I think la plage is getting to be more of a lunch place. although we did get treated to a great fashion show. six people 359 euros ( original bill was 365, but they had tacked on an extra san pelligrino by mistake) there are better deals and food on the island. Black Ginger anyone?

Oh, Voosh, even my husband was looking over my shoulder at this fantastic picture. Just great.

Josh, I, too, am really enjoying your posts.

Love your reports and REALLY wish I was there. These snow storms are getting so old. You both are soooo tan. As my college friend would say.."you're boo scary" (meaning white as a ghost).

That's a racist commit according to Andy and Smoogie. Just kidding... trying to help Fred out a little LOL.

I dream of La Plage. My husband and I have both decided that our ashes will be spread on St Jean and there will be a huge luncheon with salt crusted fish and enough Rose to raise the Titanic. My only condition is that if I go first, he can't take a date.

Great photos. We were thinking of doing a day at Nikki Beach in May, largely because we love the sushi there. However, that side of the rock seems interesting. Where do you all park when you go there? Just along the road? We've only done St. Jean when we stayed on St. Jean, so I'm sort of clueless as to how to do it if you are not just walking there.