Winair/USAIR

andynap

Senior Insider
Even if you buy your tickets separately, Winair will check your bags thru on USAIR so that you do not have to go thru immigration and can use the security next to the Transfer Desk. You must have your USAIR boarding passes tho.

On our November return to the US from SBH Winair issued our USAirways tickets at Gustavia. But, at SXM, the USAirways desk called our name and they re-issued us USAiways tickets with their name on the ticket rather than Winair. Seems like things are changing all the time.

On our November return to the US from SBH Winair issued our USAirways tickets at Gustavia. But, at SXM, the USAirways desk called our name and they re-issued us USAiways tickets with their name on the ticket rather than Winair. Seems like things are changing all the time.
Yes but since I had printed the USAIR passes already I didn't use Winair's so I don't know if that would have happened. I intend to print the passes myself in the future. You never know when Winair will stop doing it.

I'm eager to see for how long the interline agreement between USAir and WinAir will continue in the era of USAir as "the new American Airlines."

Going down, the USAIR crew really pushed their credit card hard and the "duty free" stuff they were selling. I was getting annoyed at all the announcements. Coming home not so much.

I had the same experience recently on the SXM to CLT route . . . it was like the flight attendants had a commission-based compensation structure.

I don't care for the constant promotion during flights, but I think you can soon look for the practice all over the new A/A.

There are many reasons that I wear Noise Cancelling Headphones and listen to my own audio in flight. In-flight promotions is one of them.

I found out a little trick. iI you don't pay for your bags on line when checking in to the US AIR SXM flight, WIN Air will check them all the way to your destination on US AIR with no charge. SHHHHHH!

I too hate the inflight promotions- that long drawn out credit card spiel- ugh! and the duty free stuff! We also wear the noise canceling head phones but the noise is so loud that it often overrides the headphones. I think they turn the volume up!

Gina----I've booked using Orbitz, and have had our bags checked all the way through, both ways, every time. Others have booked directly with US Air (with some success, I gather)

Gina---I called USAir last week and booked my June trip. I basically looked up all the flights I wanted online first, took note of the times/flight numbers and told them what I wanted and they booked it. I did the same last year, and my bag was checked through both ways, which is great.

Getting ready to book a trip for May----- Orbitz makes it so easy! I'm sure going direct to USAir is easy, too.....but since I'm accustomed to using Orbitz, and it's worked like a charm every time, I'm sticking with it :):up::triumphant: