Dinner in San Francisco?

katva

Senior Insider
I just finished booking a trip to CA in early May. My sister and I are running the Avenue of the Giants Marathon, in Eureka. Through the redwood forests:up: It's called one of the most beautiful marathons in the world! Anyway......we fly into SFO on a Friday, spend the night in the city, and then head up north.

We want a great meal somewhere in SF. Doesn't have to be fancy, but has to be good! We will be celebrating my 50th :) Recommendations?

Manresa and French Laundry came to mind, but my sisters flight arrives late evening, so we won't have the time to get outside of the city......So, looking for something within the city.

My daughter and son-in-law are the experts on this and I will get the current best bets. Since the baby arrived we tend to babysit and let them have date night.

One of the last places we enjoyed, pre-baby was Trick Dog.

http://www.trickdogbar.com/

My daughter and son-in-law are the experts on this and I will get the current best bets. Since the baby arrived we tend to babysit and let them have date night.

One of the last places we enjoyed, pre-baby was Trick Dog.

http://www.trickdogbar.com/

:up:
Ok, thanks! We are staying at the Omni, if that makes any difference. I don't know the city very well anymore!

Is it Hogs and Rocks from the thread?? That and Trick Dog both look great----and if we didn't have to have an iron clad digestive system in tact, and a totally clear head, they would be perfect!! Thinking more food.....less cocktails for this one. We gotta run 26.2 miles .....:wink2: and in my experience, every bite and sip prior to the run makes a difference! A glass of wine will be fine, though :)But make it a REALLY good one!!!

Yes, Hogs and Rocks was great but maybe not what you need for a pre-race meal...LOL!

Second John's rec for Boulevard, a wonderful restaurant and special place. In our most recent two trips we also loved A16 (great for carb-loading), Zuni Cafe (classic CA), and Absinthe (French bistro.). Haven't eaten there in a while but Slanted Door for Asian is also good, and in the amazing Ferry Building.

This race sound awesome! Good luck with training...the weather is certainly not conducive.

The parents of our grandson hit Zuni often. In earlier times we would all go together :cool:

Great---- thanks! My sister and I will have fun deciding :) And yeah, Marybeth.... It's been a tough go trying to get my runs in! Yesterday was great, but the rest of the week doesn't look good. This is why there aren't so many spring marathons.....