HBO True Detective

JEK

Senior Insider
Any fans out there? Only two episodes into S1 so easy to catch up.

True Detective is an American television anthology[1] drama series on HBO created and written by Nic Pizzolatto, with the first season directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga.[2] Season one stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Monaghan, Michael Potts, and Tory Kittles, and utilizes multiple timelines to trace two Louisiana State Police Criminal Investigations Division homicide detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years.[2] The premiere season debuted on January 12, 2014 and will consist of eight episodes.[3]

Want to see it but have to wait til we get home...HBO doesn't deliver internationally.

Getting close to Season Two of House of Cards...am sure you have been watching that one.

I've seen all three episodes and both Woody Harrelson and Mathew McConaughy have been excellent so far. They both play mal-adjusted detectives with conflicting mindsets attempting to solve multiple homicides in rural Louisiana. The story and the acting have definitely got me hooked. I look forward to each episode and will not miss any in the future. I'm glad to see HBO continues to be a player in TV serial productions.

Some other content on the site has the director's comments. Worth taking a look at for the intent of the pace.