• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Now there is an expensive bottle of Evian!

JEK

Senior Insider
1512211_754794067882844_545721390_o.jpg

I can remember in the old days of Lafayette Club when George was more ornery than ever and he charged the equivalent of $15 US for a bottle of Evian. Sadly, the beginning of the end of what was one of our favorite places.

Have I been watching too much football to look at that bottle and the first thought is "Why is Nikki Beach using an Eagles logo on their water bottles?"

that reminds me of my very first "romantic" trip to St Barts with my soon to be ex wife #2..we stayed at Manapany..and having never paid for water in our lives and being young and foolish, I was taken back by the nice people who kept asking us if we wanted some water when we were at the pool and asking us what room we were in..."why of course!"....and we would remark to each other how nice it was for them to keep bringing us these bottles of water ( Evian )..and we equated this to a waiter in a restaurant at home asking us if we would like some water......

and then we checked out and got our water bill which was in excess of 100 dollars !!!!...and this was when 100 dollars was a lot of money!!

it suddenly occurred to us we werent home in the United States !!! :nightmare:

live and learn

I can remember in the old days of Lafayette Club when George was more ornery than ever and he charged the equivalent of $15 US for a bottle of Evian. Sadly, the beginning of the end of what was one of our favorite places.
and don't forget his 10 euro cokes

I really miss the Lafayette Club-a unique lunch experience. An extraordinary spot and I have so many great memories.

I miss the Lafayette Club, but I don't miss the credit card bills. The Planteurs in goldfish bowl-sized goblets did a great job of weakening any price resistance.

Back in the day we also had many long, expensive lunches there. It was all good until the credit card bill came, then it was "what the f**k was I thinking"!!!

Phil

Hey . . . wait a minute . . . the Lafayette Club was one of the most unique places ever . . . anywhere. I apologize for the fact the this pic includes me, 10 years ago; but for the trained eye, there is plenty else to note. Such as the Planteurs, the Russian model, the not unfair Sauternes pour, the gleeful photog not in the pic, boutique shopping under way, and so forth.

It was great.

St. Barts Jan 2004 complete 058.jpg

This is an iPad photo copy of a print of a digital photo, but it shows those price-resistance-weakening Planteurs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 252
This is an iPad photo copy of a print of a digital photo, but it shows those price-resistance-weakening Planteurs.

Merci, Kevin. My wife will love that pic. Always liked the flower pitchers, too. Pernod . . . nice.

Here's, by shear happenstance, our last visit on the LC final day andSBH April 2006 081.jpg day of retirement for the Labaus. So sweet, they have always been to us.