Thread: Found on FB -- the Sunday forecast for Minneapolis

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,690

Found on FB -- the Sunday forecast for Minneapolis

Name:  1554595_10201191324480245_705989041_n.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  62.0 KB
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2006 Minnesota Posts: 177
    From the local weather guy in Minneapolis. In 1996 they closed schools statewide and it was nasty.

There will be a 24-hour reprieve in our temperatures for tomorrow into Saturday morning (temps near 20) but the coldest air in a generation is heading our way for Sunday into Monday. As the bitter cold air arrives, about an inch or two of snow will fall Friday night into Saturday morning. That snow will be blowing around Saturday as winds gust to 20 to 30 mph. By Sunday, we will be below zero and we will stay there until Wednesday afternoon. Highs by Monday will be in the teens below zero with lows in the metro between -20 to -25 with very dangerous wind chills. This may be the kind of cold that caused school delays and closures. This kind of cold has not been seen here since 1996

In 1996 they closed schools statewide and it was the coldest weather I have experienced.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769
    My sister showed me her Kansas City forecast for Sunday....High of 10, low of 1.

It started to snow out here 10 minutes ago, and it's really coming down! I didn't think it was supposed to happen until tonight....
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room :)

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2009 New York Posts: 2,006
    Stay warm, griemersma!

The high in Green Bay on Sunday will be 0--should make for an interesting football game for the Packers and 49ers.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2006 Minnesota Posts: 177
    If the Vikings make the playoffs next year, they will be playing outside since the current dome is being taken down and a new stadium is being built. No way would I sit outside a watch a football game in that weather!

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    we see those numbers up here every now and then...

our weekend looks like this...low of minus 19...high of 1

Weekend Forecast

Updated: Jan 2, 2014, 1:06pm EST
    FriJan 3

1F
    -19F
    Snow Shower

CHANCE OF SNOW:70% WIND:NW at 12 mph
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 10,240
    Mike, what happens on the slopes at -19.... people venture out? seems a bit extreme to me....