• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Why no SJU > SBH flights ?

CREGGERS

SBH Insider
I've done a few BVI trips recently and the ease of getting there via San Juan is very nice. The scheduled flights and charters are all reasonable. I always wondered why Tradewinds was the only option out of San Juan to St Barts and more costly than a regularly scheduled flight. Also Tradewinds is seasonal.
Is there a reason for this ?

Over the years I think there have been a few, but they didn't last. Tradewind is now operating all year -- maybe not in September.

I've done a few BVI trips recently and the ease of getting there via San Juan is very nice. The scheduled flights and charters are all reasonable. I always wondered why Tradewinds was the only option out of San Juan to St Barts and more costly than a regularly scheduled flight. Also Tradewinds is seasonal.
Is there a reason for this ?
I believe American still flies from SJU to SXM where you can connect on Winair or St. Barth Commuter.

I spoke with Tradewind and they said no flights in off season. Not sure what time frame they consider that to be but I was looking for the end of June.

Over the years I think there have been a few, but they didn't last. Tradewind is now operating all year -- maybe not in September.

Just had an email exchange with David Zipkin of Tradewind -- they are still year-round in the Caribbean. He would like to know who you spoke to :)

They may be year-round but not on a daily basis, there were a few times this past fall I tried to book Tradewind and there were no flights SJU-SBH... I just tried putting in July 8-15, 2014 as a trial and it comes up as no flights on those dates... hmmm?

I would not be concerned about that. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they indicated that this years schedule, while not yet posted on their website, would more or less mimic last years. That means daily flights everyday except Tuesday and Wednesday.

Phil

my dates were 6/20-6/29 and I got the same thing. When I spoke with them they said "As of now we do not anticipate flying any shuttles at that time of year, but they would take my info if anything changed.

They may be year-round but not on a daily basis, there were a few times this past fall I tried to book Tradewind and there were no flights SJU-SBH... I just tried putting in July 8-15, 2014 as a trial and it comes up as no flights on those dates... hmmm?

In July last year Tradewinds only had the 4:00PM Flight. Jet Blue had a morning flight at either 9:30 or 10:00 that I used to sxm and was still on Island befor 12:30

I am trying to book flights for my daughter and son-in-law for May with Tradewinds and it will not let me. Any additional information would be helpful

I just emailed with the owner and he said they have not loaded a full 2014 spring and summer schedule into place, but expect to do so soon.