• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Is St Barts losing its exclusivity?

What a beautiful photo and as Amy said, very sharp! Personally, I'd prefer hanging out with the goats rather than elbow to elbow with the "beautiful people". But I will never have to worry about trying to avoid said people cause I will never travel during high season and/or holidays.

For sure, it's been my experience over the years that someone with uber money discovers the island, comes in with a bang, and then tires and moves on. It will be interesting to see if Abramovich is done.

Hadn't thought about the newer run of People magazine celebrities. Makes sense.

Then there's the rest of us visiting "celebrities" who just plain love the island for what it is and just keep coming back.

That gorgeous picture is where? And you get to it from?

Hello old St. Barth, what a blessing to have the island return to its original glory. Thanks for leaving, take the wannabe celeb tailgaters with you and hope y'all never return.

For sure, it's been my experience over the years that someone with uber money discovers the island, comes in with a bang, and then tires and moves on. It will be interesting to see if Abramovich is done.

Hadn't thought about the newer run of People magazine celebrities. Makes sense.

Then there's the rest of us visiting "celebrities" who just plain love the island for what it is and just keep coming back.

That gorgeous picture is where? And you get to it from?

Photo taken on tidal pools hike from Grand Fond. Been coming here since 1991, regularly since 2000, and it's the first time we've gone. Highly recommended!

Went for the first time in 17 years also. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking but can be a VERY dangerous hike, not for everyone, please be VERY cautious.

Photo taken on tidal pools hike from Grand Fond. Been coming here since 1991, regularly since 2000, and it's the first time we've gone. Highly recommended!

Thanks. Could someone, give me a sense of where to start the hike since I'm guessing there are no signs of any sort? Thanks for the caveat, cosbia.

Thanks. Could someone, give me a sense of where to start the hike since I'm guessing there are no signs of any sort? Thanks for the caveat, cosbia.

From Tim's Walking and Hiking Thread in Timeless Tips

7. Washing Machine/Natural Pools - Drive over the mountain at Grand Fond and head down toward the sea. You will come to a dog leg turn to the left. Do not make the turn, but park your car to your right in the small carpark(4 cars). Walk past the turn and take the path on your right that goes between a stone wall and the brush. When you come out on the stone beach, turn right and follow the sea and the path up the hill. Climb down to the natural pools when they come in site and take a dip if you're so inclined, but watch out for the black, spiny sea urchins.

Car park -

attachment.php

Entrance to path that goes to stone beach -

attachment.php

One of JEK's many photos taken along this hike -

331719427_a259e182eb.jpg

Natural Pool Photo by Didierb

attachment.php

I would love to see it lose that part of the reputation.
It does absolutely nothing for Vickie and me.
Of course, we almost never go to movies anymore, so we are pretty oblivious anyway.

We come because prices for beach house are less expensive than a suite at Four Seasons in Maui, and the owner of the house (or at least the next one we will be renting) happens to be one the nicest people we've met.
The island also has great beaches for the twins, and some great food.

The rest? Crowds? The party scene? That's the last thing we want.
We just want to get away.

Went for the first time in 17 years also. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking but can be a VERY dangerous hike, not for everyone, please be VERY cautious.

Yes, I'd recommend good footwear (in spite of what my son is wearing) and definitely not for everyone.Goat pic shows what much of the path looks like, and second photo shows one route down to the pools. (ps sorry the photos are so big!)IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1410.jpg

I hope it does !! Tough competing for restaurant tables with A listers- Lets hope this trend continues!

re: " Is St. Barts loosing it's exclusivity?".......... Definitely----- they let us in :up::up::up: