Where in Paris?

katva

Senior Insider
If you were going to stay for one week in Paris, in a rented apartment, where would you want to be? I don't know the neighborhoods well enough--- we want to be in a low-key area, with cafes, shopping, etc, and don't mind a 10-20 minute walk to sites....metro, etc.

Most of the times I've been there have been spent in the 8th (last time was at Hotel de Crillon :))it's beautiful, but I think we want to be in more of a neighborhood. I keep reading about Le Marais......

I love the 7th because it's so residential. We've enjoyed renting absolutely charming apartments through Paris Perfect. All their properties are renovated, beautifully appointed and have views of the Eiffel Tower.

Gayle---- I've been looking at Paris Perfect all night--- I'm so happy to hear your recommendation ----- lovely, lovely apartments!

We stayed in the 6eme in October which I adore. I have nothing to compare it to because I return to Saint-Germain time and time again. We spent a day in the Marais and it was very lovely.

I am with Jeanette, partial to the left bank (ie 5th and 6th) and also like Le Marais.... the Ile St Louis is also very charming...

A few years back, we stayed in the 7th with our two girls -- about a 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower, in a small 3rd story walk up apt. Very nice. Close to the metro and bakeries and the tower. We'd do it again quickly.

we stay at a small hotel, L'Hotel, in the heart of the Left Bank, a 5 minute walk to Boulevard St. Germain with all of the shops and cafes, and a 5 minite walk in the other direction to the Louvre....the location can't be beat

we stayed there last year in"the Oscar Wilde" room....felt like we were in Paris of the 1900's...it's a great room if available