• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

New St. Barth Photo Book Just Arrives

Thanks to all of the great SBHonline members for your interest in my photo book and nice comments. Your response is more than I could have expected.
For all of the orders since late Thursday, I will be going to the Fed EX store Monday afternoon to get them shipped out. I will not ship again until Friday.
Then, I go back to St. Barth for a new round of photo work on Dec. 29th. Orders then will be transferred to Amazon. com. The price will go up a bit because of all of the fees they add on.
I wish everyone the best for the Holidays!

Picked up a copy while on island last week. Stunning. It's difficult to capture scenes in a way that truly provides the viewer with a sense of what it really looks and feels like to be in a setting. They got it done with this book. Outstanding. Very pleased with it.

ED

If you remember you were kind enough to send me a picture of the plane landing a while back .When we were there in November and had just missed you we saw the picture at Les Artisans. Bought the picture brought it home ,framed it and it hangs in our family room and is GREAT !! . Thanks, Lets raise a glass
smile.png
in February!!!!

Maybe you should consider publishing one....competition is good!

Thanks, Diane. I thought about it, and even had some drum scans/prints done, to see how they looked. They couldn't match the originals. There was no good way to capture the paper texture, and depth of the original. I use a few different silver gelatin papers to get the results I want. Each has a unique look. Some are neutral... some warm... (and Ilford just last week released a cold tone paper!). Add the various toning techniques I use, and it becomes even more difficult to get each image to look true to the original, within the constraints of using a single digital paper surface for a book.
Another reason is purely philosophical. Printed in a darkroom, each one is unique, and a purchaser owns a photograph unlike another purchaser's. Hand painting adds to the singularity. Even when I try to mix paints to match a previous print, there's always a bit of variation (and I'm pretty good at mixing them).
A lot of sbhonline members have my work hanging in their homes and, I'd like to think, appreciate the uniqueness of their particular image. It's one of the great joys I get in producing work the way I do...

Exactly right. I have an Eddie hanging proudly and it is just lovely and also very special.

Just purchased two copies. One for Myself, and one for my In-Laws who introduced My wife and I to this magical Island. I cant wait to get it and see the Splendure.
We will be on Island for 8 days in Early February..Counting the days

The book is beautiful!
I was pleasantly surprised about how quickly the book arrived after ordering it, as it was an additional Christmas gift for my husband.
Looking at the pictures definitely warms us, as the temperatures here in Kansas City have been quite cold recently (0-9 degrees is not usual or appreciated!)
Thanks again for the great book of photographs of one of our favorite places!

I have greatly appreciated all of the nice comments on this site about my book. Tomorrow I'm fortunate to be able to return to St. Barth and so my direct sales of the book end today at noon. Amazon.com now has it and will ship it directly to new buyers.

The link to the book is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FL0ZWT8

Because of all of the fees Amazon charges to fulfill orders the price has increased.

A special discount of 15% will be given to SBHonline members. Enter 15SBHONL at checkout to get the discount.

Thank you for your support and I wish all the best for the New Year.

Just ordered mine as well from Amazon. By the way, the price with the promotional discount was still $45. Looking forward to receiving the book. It looks great.