Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New St. Barth Photo Book Just Arrives

SBH Member Joined: Aug 2008 Michigan Posts: 30
    What a great surprise receiving your latest book today Ed. It's your best work yet and the pics are so large I can feel myself standing there :)

Merry Christmas,

Tom and the kids

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2011 Baltimore, MD Posts: 63
    Just ordered a copy. Looking forward to receiving the book. Thanks, Jim

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2003 New Hampshire Posts: 6,937
    Eddy - Just received mine delivered to my door by Fed Ex. Thanks for getting this out so quickly (just in time for Christmas), and for the personal message! Going to surprise hubby with it Christmas morning. BEAUTIFUL book! Thank you
    Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me?
    John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    Mine came today too! Thanks for the quick turnaround!!

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,546
    Got it. Love it. Can't wait to see it live and in color! 21 more days....ok, you caught me, I'm counting.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2003 CT Posts: 3,088
    Congratulation, Ed. Ordered mine today. Can't wait to see it!

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,038
    Just ordered ours! Thanks!

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2013 Long Island Posts: 188
    I just got mine today via fedex on a saturday! Thank you sooooo much, love the personalization my husband is going to love it!!!!

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2004 virginia Posts: 6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Just to be clear we are dealing with Ed G from Ohio, not Eddie H from Virginia.
    Right. I haven't done a book. I did get to see a bunch of Eddy's photos in June. I enjoyed them, and spending time with Eddy.
    www.stbartsphotos.com
    Facebook EMH-Photography

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Right. I haven't done a book. I did get to see a bunch of Eddy's photos in June. I enjoyed them, and spending time with Eddy.
    Perhaps no one was confused, but I thought it was a worth noting that you are the one with all the old film crap :)
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Perhaps no one was confused, but I thought it was a worth noting that you are the one with all the old film crap :)
    I resent that. I have some new film crap, too...
    www.stbartsphotos.com
    Facebook EMH-Photography

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2003 Manakin Sabot, Penhook and Cape Charles, VA Posts: 55
    Just ordered one! Can't wait to get it!

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 510
    Thanks to all of the great SBHonline members for your interest in my photo book and nice comments. Your response is more than I could have expected.
    For all of the orders since late Thursday, I will be going to the Fed EX store Monday afternoon to get them shipped out. I will not ship again until Friday.
    Then, I go back to St. Barth for a new round of photo work on Dec. 29th. Orders then will be transferred to Amazon. com. The price will go up a bit because of all of the fees they add on.
    I wish everyone the best for the Holidays!

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2004 Bethesda, MD / Mount Gretna, PA Posts: 123
    Picked up a copy while on island last week. Stunning. It's difficult to capture scenes in a way that truly provides the viewer with a sense of what it really looks and feels like to be in a setting. They got it done with this book. Outstanding. Very pleased with it.

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2003 New Hampshire Posts: 6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Right. I haven't done a book.
    Maybe you should consider publishing one....competition is good!
    Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me?
    John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.

SBH Member Joined: Sep 2004 norwalk,HHI, SBH Posts: 348
    ED

If you remember you were kind enough to send me a picture of the plane landing a while back .When we were there in November and had just missed you we saw the picture at Les Artisans. Bought the picture brought it home ,framed it and it hangs in our family room and is GREAT !! . Thanks, Lets raise a glass in February!!!!
    drrows

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,038
    RickyG should do a book, too

Quote Originally Posted by NHDiane View Post
    Maybe you should consider publishing one....competition is good!
    Thanks, Diane. I thought about it, and even had some drum scans/prints done, to see how they looked. They couldn't match the originals. There was no good way to capture the paper texture, and depth of the original. I use a few different silver gelatin papers to get the results I want. Each has a unique look. Some are neutral... some warm... (and Ilford just last week released a cold tone paper!). Add the various toning techniques I use, and it becomes even more difficult to get each image to look true to the original, within the constraints of using a single digital paper surface for a book.
    Another reason is purely philosophical. Printed in a darkroom, each one is unique, and a purchaser owns a photograph unlike another purchaser's. Hand painting adds to the singularity. Even when I try to mix paints to match a previous print, there's always a bit of variation (and I'm pretty good at mixing them).
    A lot of sbhonline members have my work hanging in their homes and, I'd like to think, appreciate the uniqueness of their particular image. It's one of the great joys I get in producing work the way I do...
    www.stbartsphotos.com
    Facebook EMH-Photography

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,546
    Exactly right. I have an Eddie hanging proudly and it is just lovely and also very special.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    I have an Eddie hanging...
    Just one? Slacker... Love you guys, anyway...
    www.stbartsphotos.com
    Facebook EMH-Photography

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2005 Mechanicsburg, PA, USA Posts: 249
    Just purchased two copies. One for Myself, and one for my In-Laws who introduced My wife and I to this magical Island. I cant wait to get it and see the Splendure.
    We will be on Island for 8 days in Early February..Counting the days
    Don Prescott Mechanicsburg PA

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2009 Overland Park, KS Posts: 755
    The book is beautiful!
    I was pleasantly surprised about how quickly the book arrived after ordering it, as it was an additional Christmas gift for my husband.
    Looking at the pictures definitely warms us, as the temperatures here in Kansas City have been quite cold recently (0-9 degrees is not usual or appreciated!)
    Thanks again for the great book of photographs of one of our favorite places!
    "When you lose yourself, you find the key to paradise."
    Zac Brown Band

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 510
    I have greatly appreciated all of the nice comments on this site about my book. Tomorrow I'm fortunate to be able to return to St. Barth and so my direct sales of the book end today at noon. Amazon.com now has it and will ship it directly to new buyers.

The link to the book is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FL0ZWT8

Because of all of the fees Amazon charges to fulfill orders the price has increased.

A special discount of 15% will be given to SBHonline members. Enter 15SBHONL at checkout to get the discount.

Thank you for your support and I wish all the best for the New Year.

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2003 TN, USA Posts: 116
    Wow Ed- My beautiful signed copy arrived well before Christmas. Thanks! Very well done.

BRAVO ED! Terrific book. Just ordered my copy from the SBHOnline page... :-)

SBH Member Joined: May 2008 Chicago Posts: 27
    Just ordered mine as well from Amazon. By the way, the price with the promotional discount was still $45. Looking forward to receiving the book. It looks great.

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2009 Dunes of Cape Cod Posts: 1,759
    will definitely order one. thank you for making this
    There's no dumb a$$ vaccine