CeBlue

What a disaster in Philly yesterday..car was towed and horrible people to deal with at the lot trying to get it back...anyway they made it to JFK and snapped this pic..Where do u think they're going? LOL
AXA
SBH
SXM timeshare

View attachment 20879

I think I saw that guy at Tom Beach last year…

IMG_3478.jpg

[h=1]Shoobie[/h]
Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 7.22.09 AM.jpg

Shoobie is a term used in South Jersey to describe a tourist who visits the seashore for a day (a daytripper), primarily to use the beach during the summer months. Shoobie is used in resort towns along the southern Jersey Shore, between the areas of Long Beach Island and Cape May. The term "shoobie" originated in the late 1800s, and it derives from daytrippers taking the train to the beach, with their ticket price including a boxed lunch packed in a shoe box. Later it was used to refer to anyone who brought a picnic lunch to the beach resorts. Either way, these daytrippers deprived local businesses of the revenue the tourists would have spent on food. The term "shoobie" may sometimes now be applied to tourists who are more likely to feed the seagulls, or wear sock withflip-flops, or wear shoes on the beach, or set up umbrellas on windy days, or act like they have never been to the beach, although this is not the original meaning. Homeowners (whether year-round or seasonal) often walk to the beach barefoot or remove their shoes immediately upon reaching the sand.Similar terms are "Benny," which is mostly used in the resort towns of the northern Jersey Shore.

Cap is the place I wanted to stay when we were considering Anguilla...but then we found SBH and the rest is history. Sure looks like a gorgeous place!

Cap was the first place we stayed before St Barths in 1999, just before Luis,
Loved the island, but then found put about St Barths
Love em both, tho, obviously, SBs a little more....:triumphant: