• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Black Ginger

didier

Senior Insider
I think this place is a keeper, food is excellent and the service was great The restaurant was hopping tonight and its only wednesday. Almost every table was full. I had the chicken w/lemon grass and coconut milk, the best I've had in years. we all had different versions of the exotic desserts. I chose the fried banana w/ ice cream.

the wait staff wore black shorts w/red suspenders, very chic.

I was able to make reservations online= contact@blackgingersbh.com they responded for my table of six within an hour after my request was made.

Attachments

• black ginger 001.jpg
    black ginger 001.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 765
  • black ginger 003.jpg
    black ginger 003.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 765
yes, a little rain, but only a sprinkle was getting inside. they have done wonders with the roof also, did not notice any smoking or mosquito's, perhaps they are spraying before dinner?

Super mahi maui meal last night at BG. Service and food were fantastic, and the wait staff is awfully easy on the eyes. Actually, they may take this season's cutest waitstaff award; I give them 5 stars -:star::star::star::star::star:

yes, its becoming one of my favorite places on the island. the ambiance is great, the food even better. if you have not tried this place, you should put this one on your list. I had the chicken with coconut milk & lemon grass, yummy. fried banana with ice cream for dessert. the place was fairly crowded, and I saw no one smoking. It's also starting to attract a lot of locals. Rosita & Jean-Paul at the table near us, maybe she will chime in with her thoughts.

We popped over there after the BAZ thing wednesday nite.

Even I, as a certified non-foodie, found the food and presentation fantastic. 2nd visit this trip for our villa mates.

Yeah, cute kids with suspenders, but the ladies are still lobbying for a Bonito visit in search of Xavier the 'adorable' french waiter...