La Toussaint à Saint-Barth (Lorient)

cassidain

Senior Insider
An especially important fête (actually la Fête des Morts, the following day) on Saint-Barth as it is one of the most endogamous places on earth (therefore, the cemeteries are full of one's relatives).

[video=youtube;Rvc-1YQdyyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rvc-1YQdyyM[/video]

PSA Of The Day

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 11.33.52 PM.jpg

Unfortunately, a very big rain storm kept this from happening tonight. Not sure what the alternative is. Perhaps tomorrow night?

Cassidain,

I'm familiar with a number of Nicole Peraud's works. Thanks for pointing me to one that I had missed.

I participated in this lovely tradition this evening, after reading about this here years ago. I lit a candle of remembrance. And while I was the only one in our cemetery, it was beautiful and important. Thanks again to this forum.

Rosemary-how truly special that you could take this tradition home with you from St Bart. Sending hugs your way.

Having been in St. Barth for a number of these events, I believe La Toussaint is a wonderful custom.

After two rainy days it was so moving to see the cemeteries aglow in red candlelight as we drove around last night. Rosita's photo captures the spirit of love and remembrance as Toussaint was observed.

I participated in this lovely tradition this evening, after reading about this here years ago. I lit a candle of remembrance. And while I was the only one in our cemetery, it was beautiful and important. Thanks again to this forum.

It's a fine tradition to borrow. Well done.

All Saints Day (Toussaint) and All Souls Day (Fête des Morts/Commémoration de Tous les Fidèles Défunts) schedule.
Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 7.58.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 8.00.26 AM.png