Stone Crab

PIRATE40

Senior Insider
Season started yesterday with a good haul...now if we can just keep the octopus offshore.........I may have to jump in tomorrow......

Mike, they changed the law a few years back allowing the taking of both claws of a legal size crab....the old guard doesn't do it so much....but they can...

We had our first Stone Crab 2 years ago at Snapper's in Key Largo. All I can say is "Wow" they are tasty. I am so envious of you coastal peeps. What I wouldn't give for some!! Enjoy!

Thanks Ron, I just checked it out but with the shipping (ugh) think I will just have to wait another 4 years till retirement when we can enjoy those warm winter breezes and beautiful gulf waters. :)

I got married the week stone crab season opened and we had 25 pounds overnighted to the restaurant for appetiizers.....it all started because we had our reception in a resto in Killington VT owned by Wendi's uncle and I told him jokingly not to bother going the seafood route for dinner because given what I am used to, I wont be impressed by anything.......so he went and did that

I was impressed

and they were soooooo good!

They are delicious, Mike. A don't miss treat if we time it right on a Florida visit.