La Petite Colombe - Boulangerie Patisserie Traiteur à Saint Barthélémy Liked · 6 minu

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 3.49.15 PM.jpg

looks slightly burned if you ask me, and I wonder how the French came to make banana chocolate chip cake? funny....

Sorry you were offended :cool: a more traditional look

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 8.40.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 8.40.30 AM.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,593
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 8.40.52 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 8.40.52 AM.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,724
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 8.41.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 8.41.12 AM.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,633
So, as my wife and I start the countdown for our return to the Island in late November, we can't help but follow up this thread with some sobering news about the bakery. We had heard, back in July that there were some issues with lease/management and or ownership. It certainly seemed like it could make for major changes there (or worse). Anyone care to dig a little, and ease my fears.

So, as my wife and I start the countdown for our return to the Island in late November, we can't help but follow up this thread with some sobering news about the bakery. We had heard, back in July that there were some issues with lease/management and or ownership. It certainly seemed like it could make for major changes there (or worse). Anyone care to dig a little, and ease my fears.

That has been a popular rumor, but like so many island rumors it has not materialized. Their social media activity is at a frenzied pitch which may indicate they back and healthy or may indicated they are negotiating in public :cool:

I noticed on our trip this past June that none of the bakeries or the Rotisserie had the variety of pastries that were available in the past.

We were in Paris last week and twice saw banana bread offered. Maybe it has become more popular?

J'adore Paris. I just planned a spontaneous trip to Paris in a few weeks. I would love to hear about your journey.

Ahhh, I feel the same way... I decided flying to Paris to see somebody is not that much longer than getting stuck in traffic driving to Boston to see somebody.

I am terrible at trip reports, I know. This has been a crazy week with the start of school. I am not sure if I will get around to a formal report. We did the usual tourist things and they were all great but our favorite thing was to just wander around and check out all the gorgeous buildings and scenery. Highlights included: 1) Early evening cruise down the Seine, 2) a trip to the original Hermès store on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, 3) launching sailboats in Luxembourg Gardens and 4) dinner at http://www.royalmadeleine.com. The restaurant is not fancy but it is delicious! We went twice. The profiteroles were that good. We stayed at Le Bristol and the service was excellent.

Ah, The Bristol that owned IDF for a short time! But a truly wonderful property, I think. Hope it lived up to its reputation, Kristen.

PARIS-I loved just walking, window shopping, and people watching!
Followed by eating that was beyond incredible!

Amy, it did! the manager at Le Bristol said that the company is committed to SBH and wants a presence there. When I inquired about Carl Gustaf she seemed quite aware that it might be available.

Kristen, the Bristol looks so beautiful. I tried (unsuccessfully) to get a room at the very charming Relais Christine on the left bank. I love St. Germain.

Jeanette, I came across that property when I was looking at hotels. I adore their garden suites. If it was just me and my husband i would love to stay there. Are you planning a trip?