Thread: I'm no Russian....Jimmy Buffett

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2005 Sarasota, Florida Posts: 1,773

I'm no Russian....Jimmy Buffett

Check out Buffett's song on his new album "Songs from St. Somewhere"......Non St. Barters probably won't get most of it....

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2009 Illinois Posts: 495
    I have tried to like this song..... just because of the St Barth connection. LOL but I don't think it is going to happen!
    It was my first look, baby that's all it took

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2005 Sarasota, Florida Posts: 1,773
    ...Somethi'n bout a boat ???

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 20,376
    The story behind The Rocket That Grandpa Rode is way cool, but I won't be buying this album.

Sadly, I think that I may be COBO, Church of Buffett, Orthodox. There have always been a few songs that have worked for me, and I've bought most of Buffett's CDs over the years, but the Last Great Album was A1A.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 51,935
    I sort of agree with you Kev....some good albums have come out but the truly great ones have been a while....one or two really good songs on each album and the rest is filler....but every musical artist reaches a terminal point in their creativity eventually I suppose

unless your names are Lennon and McCartney
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,827
    Lennon? When was his last hit

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 51,935
    I am speaking of their historical run and their ability to re invent themselves over And over again with unprecedented success unlike anyone before them r after them
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,772
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

and I was referring to the works of Lennon/McCartney together...not each of them separately which is yet another outstanding accomplishment

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2003 New Hampshire Posts: 6,928
    I agree here - far from his best and don't think I'll spend the $$ on it. Prefer to listen to his old stuff, close my eyes and drift away
    Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me?
    John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
    and I was referring to the works of Lennon/McCartney together...not each of them separately which is yet another outstanding accomplishment

You could put a lot of musicians in that category

Andy

I don't know about a lot ... Damn few have done what they have done for music

Depends on your point of view but there probably aren't a lot.

Andy

SBH Member Joined: Jun 2008 Ocala Florida Posts: 66
    A1A.... I always loved Banana Wind.....