Our little seal problem has made the NY Times

we have gotten far far past the point where whites or makos will make a difference

its time to bring back the hunt

and I will be right in line for the permit

my very close friend Thomas Smith is quoted in that article.....he is going for a couple of hundred dollars a day extra in fuel to be able to get away from the seals and get into fish he can net

Mike we were amazed by the number of seals!!

First day at the beach we saw one. I was all excited, then Carol and Dave took us on a little boat ride. OMG, from a distance it looked like rocks up from the water.... no just a huge amount of seals on a sandbar!!

Although they are cute I get it. It does seem to be a problem.

I have a place away from the tourists I like to take the girls by boat called Horseshoe Cove.... not easy to get to so there is usually nobody there or damn few ......there are about 30 seals in the cove right now and I am sure the water quality is not good from all the seal poop so we dont go there anymore....seal poop has risen fecal coliform levels at the beaches to the point of closure....and they are continuing to breed like rabbits

Mike, have you signed the Outer Beach Coalition Petition? It's on FB. Please do. You've probably read about it in the paper.