Thread: thinking about a very special weekend I had 44 years ago this weekend

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 51,937

thinking about a very special weekend I had 44 years ago this weekend

I will be forever grateful to my girlfriend for insisting we go when I wanted to go work on a fishing boat that weekend instead

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2007 Detroit Posts: 13,128
    Seems like yesterday. Friends went. I don't remember where I was or what I did that weekend. Those were the times.

So many great performances. This one always stands out for me.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2009 Illinois Posts: 495
    Mike, would have loved a story or two about that weekend when we visited!! Next time...
    It was my first look, baby that's all it took

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2003 New Hampshire Posts: 6,928
    I wanted to go SOOO bad but, alas, couldn't talk my brand new now ex-husband into it! I knew I should have gotten rid of him right then and there :p Of all things to miss.....
    Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me?
    John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,856
    Ah such information. :uncomfortableness:

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 51,937
    aint happening....and especially in front of the girls it aint happening....
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2005 Tyler, Texas and Beaver Creek, Colorado Posts: 4,616
    Damn, she could sing. Shame she was here such a short time. Referring to Joplin.
    To the optimist the glass is half full.
    To the pessimist the glass is half empty.
    To the engineer the glass is simply too big.

Quote Originally Posted by rivertrash View Post
    Damn, she could sing. Shame she was here such a short time. Referring to Joplin.
    she sure could...what a talent....what a shame it got snuffed out before its time

when I worked out of Sabine Pass TX I had to get my groceries for the boat in Port Arthur and they sure as hell were proud of her and the Winters boys

Real clean living she was

Andy

it was the 60s..give her a break

Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
    it was the 60s..give her a break
    Good reason to kill yourself. What kind of excuse is that. I lived in the 60s. I bet a few more did too still alive.

Andy

its not an excuse..its a reason....cause and effect..some handled it better than others..thats the stone cold truth about it all...

Well I guess you nailed it again.

Andy

Maybe ...wound u feel better if I put IMHO after it?

I assume its there anyway

Andy

good...

Because it certainly isn't fact.

Andy

oh brother......*rolling my eyes*

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2009 Dunes of Cape Cod Posts: 1,761
    lol. you guys are friends, right?
    There's no dumb a$$ vaccine

Like blood brothers

Andy