• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Autour du Roche

BBT

Senior Insider
Driving through Lorient today I saw the flag flying up on the hill

Took a walk up the hill

Ordered a few beers

Looked out bedroom windows

Fortunately you can still dance around the rock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 804
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 829
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 824
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 834
The view from the point up there is really beautiful too. Thanks for the pictures! I still have a number of photos on my iPhone camera roll that take me to that special place when I need a lift.
A picture of the stairs going up is also my screensaver. Even though I didn't go there in my misspent youth. :)

what new wall?

The property is now officially off limits. A wall is being built to keep people from the beach from coming up. The gate will now be locked all the time. Big changes from prior year as the property is now being made ready to sell. Most of the wood has been removed. I am fortunate to have hundreds of pictures taken there over all these years. Utilities are in the process of being brought to the remains. Most of the brush has been cleared and sadly the deck from the hot tub by the sea has been removed. While taking pictures we were asked to leave by the property manager, but after talking with the very nice property manager and another worker who brought us up to date he finally said go ahead I don't see you he and the other man then left in his truck and we took photos and had a few beers. He closed the gate but did not lock it so we could get out. It was tough to leave know it may be the last visit to a great ruins with so much history. Part of the problem is this had become a hangout for young people and the amount of new graffiti was surprising. The wall that is being built is substantial and while it at first look like a temporary you can see it is set in concrete with SS anchors connecting to the uprights.

What great memories of a magical time in St Bart's that will probably never be duplicated

It would be nice yo see the property be put go good use again

Don't feel badly. I was vacationing the island back then and never even heard of it. Ahhhh the haze of young motherhood.

Would JB be influenced by a petition from this forum to buy the property and create a commercial establishment there? Many of you on the forum might already know the answer to this question.
Or have JB's ear on the issue.