Napa (again)...

Dorocke

Senior Insider
Going back in Sept. - our 4th trip in 4 years! lol I need one good restaurant recommendation to fill one of our nights. I already have Bottega, Auberge, and SolBar (our resort Solage's restaurant) on the itinerary... We've been to Bouchon... Anyone have one stellar place that fits the bill, to fill the slot? (Sonoma okay... Healdsburg probably too far...)

If you're staying in Calistoga, Healdsburg is about a 30-40 minute drive and I highly recommend Dry Creek Kitchen, by Charlie Palmer.

Phil

Thanks, John! Will do. I'd been curious about that since it's part of the Bouchon/FL trifecta. FL is already booked for the week we're there. It's unbelievable how limited the availablility is already at 6 weeks out.

Another vote for Dry Creek Kitchen....or Barndiva....if you feel like the drive to Healdsburg. We also had a lovely lunch at Brix just outside of Yountville. The grounds are just beautiful.

If you haven't made plans in advance for dinner, Bistro Don Giovanni is one of our favorites and doesn't require a lot of planning. We've made reservations the same day.

Been to Press... we had our Welcome dinner there for our wedding. Thanks, guys! I will check out Terra and Bistro. (I know Brix as we had looked at it for our wedding location.) I have a res-y right now at Redd... And Farm at the Carneros Inn looks pretty fabulous.

We also enjoyed dinner at Redd which was highly recommended by Dennis's winemaker friends. We stayed in Yountville so it was a short stroll from our inn.

If you really want stellar, there's always the French Laundry.

Hey, Ashley, we just got back from Napa. If your dinner plans change and you end up at Mustard's Grill, get the lemon-lime meringue pie for dessert. Bouchon was fantastic and Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen a real treat. Have fun!

Hi Bev!!!
Sounds like you had a great trip. We made our first foray to wine country this June.
Hope all is well with you and yours.

mb

Hello, Ladies! Good to hear from all of you.
Marybeth, two years ago we did the drive down PCH like you did...fabulous....did you stop at the Hearst Castle?
Ashley, we stayed both trips at the Vintage Inn...we love it there and will be back. Have you done the Mumm Napa tour? We loved it. You've been before so you may have been to these, but a few of our favorites are Merryvale, Silver Oak, Cardinale, St. Supéry, and Castillo di Amorosa is worth a look although the wines were not our favorite this time around. So many vineyards, so little time!!
Gramchop, all is well here, hope the same for you. Busy time in STL. Paris trip this year?