Thread: La Vie Est Belle -- Seaside

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2005 Tyler, Texas and Beaver Creek, Colorado Posts: 4,616

La Vie Est Belle -- Seaside

We are staying at WaterColor Inn in the Santa Rosa Beach area. It is a short walk to the village of Seaside, where Wendy Mignot has her shop La Vie Est Belle. Wendy is the daughter-in-law (I think) of the folks who own Bijoux De La Mer in St Barth. Her shop is brimming over with beautiful pearl creations. Our friend Missy (Gramchop) introduced us to the Seaside shop and my wife's first piece of this style jewelry came from there. We made our first in-person visit there yesterday. Wendy wasn't there, but Aimee, the store manager with whom I have done business over the phone and by email, welcomed us and sent a shout-out to Missy. We learned that some of the kinfolks, not sure what the relationship is, are opening (or have opened) a similar shop in Aspen. Does anyone know any more about this?
    To the optimist the glass is half full.
    To the pessimist the glass is half empty.
    To the engineer the glass is simply too big.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,025
    37427_1522262893547_4762969_n.jpg

This is my granddaughter, Sofia, and the sweet shop pup, "G Dog", at La Vie Est Belle taken in the summer of 2010. You can't really tell, but the bauble on her left wrist is her first piece, too! I can't say enough positive about this and the mother shop in St Barth. I look forward to visiting the Aspen location one day!
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,411
    What a darling photo, Lambchop.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,025
    Thanks, Amy. I'll more than likely be bringing that same bracelet down to St Barth with me later this year to have Bijoux de la Mer make a larger bracelet as she is now a 1st grader!
    Sofia on Slide.jpg
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

I was in the shop in Aspen a few months ago (January) and I'm pretty sure it's already closed....tough market.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 11,048
    Yes, it is closed. We went in in January and it was still being remodeled and by the 3rd week of Feb he had closed it.
    "St. Bart's is Crack for Vacations." Credit given to EDW

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2002 Highlands NJ Posts: 6,822
    Missy she is the cutest!
    The last of the famous international playboys