Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One Way Car Rental in Europe

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2010 New England Posts: 4,288
    Love your new picture!

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769
    Thanks Rosemary! It's half of a great shot of Tom and me, taken by the fab Amy & Phil duo last November:)

SBH Member Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 11

Another Option

When I was in Poland (in Krakow, is the southern Poland), I was thinking about rental car but when I saw price and add fuel costs I gave up.
    All of city have got some kind of transfer services (in Krakoww I used Krakowdirect) Maybe you can do it too. I mean I think It's better to you to travel by plane and used the local airport taxi or public transport. This way will be cheapest to you.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2003 Duesseldorf, Germany Posts: 95
    You can rent cars and return them in a different country. I hired in Italy and returned in Germany. It is more expensive but possible. For international rentals, I would try Avis. If renting the car, you can always choose the insurance. Depending on the car, some countries (mostly eastern Europe) are excluded. (Most companies in Germany do not let you take a Mercedes/BMW to Poland for example)
    A one way rent from Paris to Rome for example is for one week around 800 €, a week car rental in each city would be about 250 €.

Thanks Daniela and Willi. We didn't get to take the trip last may as we had planned, but still hope to do it this coming year. I do realize that it's not the least expensive option, but this is a particular type of road trip we both want to do. I lived in Munich for 4 years, and was lucky to travel all around Europe by both transit and car---but my husband has never done either. The rate from Sixt was very good, but when we get to planning again, I will definitely look at Avis! I appreciate your responses

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2003 Albany, NY Posts: 2,792
    Kathy , Sixt was whom we rented from in Geneva and drove through France to St Tropez....they were resonable , but we stayed within the French side. Good luck, the planning is part of the fun !
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

Thanks Linda!!! The Sixt site showed very reasonable rates for a BMW for 3 weeks, starting in France, ending in Germany. Now I just HOPE we can go