Franny's: Simple, Seasonal Italian

NYCFred

Senior Insider
http://www.amazon.com/Frannys-Seaso...=8-1&keywords=frannys+simple+seasonal+italian

Friend of ours son and his wife (they met at Savoy in the village many moons ago...) opened a resto on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn couple of years ago which promptly blew up...in a good sense.

Rave reviews NYT, NY Magazine, Zagat, Yelp etc etc and the kid's never looked back. Opened Brooklyn Larder...high end deli, just moved the mothership a few doors away and are starting a 2nd resto in the old space....

Anyway, the book is out...I'd post an image of the cover but the site or my laptop won't let me.

If I ever buy another cookbook my wife will throw me and the book out the door. Individual recipes are fine but we have an entire bookcase full of books plus 3 binders full of recipes. I'll never live to try most of them.

If I ever buy another cookbook my wife will throw me and the book out the door. Individual recipes are fine but we have an entire bookcase full of books plus 3 binders full of recipes. I'll never live to try most of them.
Visit Omnivore Books and you will find one you can't resist. Trust me.

frannys.jpg

I've put my husband on notice as well. We, too, have a full bookcase with lots of overflow! It's worth it, however, when he stands at the stove and starts to create!

Diane..you and Andy aside, my cookbooks still generate a decent part of my sales....and I ve stolen a few titles from Omnivore Books which have done well too....

yeah me too...and yet the resource I use the most is a cigar box full of recipes written on pieces of scrap paper I ve gotten from other people ( like you )....thats the funny part

these will always be my top two sellers - for obvious reasons...and they aren't even that great..just ok

skic1.jpg
skic.jpg

I love flipping through cookbooks but similar to you, MikeR, my favorite recipes are the ones my mom has written down on recipe cards. Seeing her distinctive handwriting makes me smile.