Thread: places to eat in Miami

SBH Member Joined: May 2013 Tulsa, OK Posts: 31

places to eat in Miami

My wife and I head out in 12 days! We are actually spending out first night in Miami and have all day to play around there. We are staying at SLS Hotel in South Beach. Anyone have any great places to eat in South Beach? Every time Ive been in Miami has been for an Oklahoma Bowl game and normally a pretty wild trip with guys so Im looking forward to going with my wife and I.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 24,943
    Joe's Stone Crab if they are in season.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Member Joined: May 2013 Tulsa, OK Posts: 31
    Thanks we heard Joes is very good. Might have to check it out. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackjudd7 View Post
    My wife and I head out in 12 days! We are actually spending out first night in Miami and have all day to play around there. We are staying at SLS Hotel in South Beach. Anyone have any great places to eat in South Beach? Every time Ive been in Miami has been for an Oklahoma Bowl game and normally a pretty wild trip with guys so Im looking forward to going with my wife and I.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 NYC Posts: 1,372
    and how can we forget an experience like the Forge.....takes you back to Miami in the 50's and 60's
    Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet it's the youngest you will ever be......so........ENJOY THE DAY

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Charlotte, NC Posts: 2,404
    I have a thread on Miami restaurants just below- we went last May. We loved Carpaccio at the Bal Harbour shops- very authentic Italian and great people watching! Joe's Stone Crab was really excellent!
    Ashley (formerly "AHowell")

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2003 St. Louis, MO & Washington, DC Posts: 2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Joe's Stone Crab if they are in season.
    I second this choice -- I hadn't been there in years until a dinner this year and it was great. Seems like they've upgraded.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,247
    Bazaar by Jose Andres - it's right in your hotel. I've never eaten there, but Jose has a bunch of places in DC and all are great.

Yardbird is a great spot. Walkable from your hotel. Hip southern food from a new hot shot chef.

Osteria del Teatro - also near your hotel is an old school italian place. It's like going back in time or into a Godfather movie