• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Vietnam

txgirl

SBH Insider
I like to post about this fav spot of ours on occasion because I don't think it gets enough discussion. Last night Lance and I headed to L'oubli for a caipirinha or two and some good people watching with no real dinner plans in mind. We decided to walk to Vietnam and again found ourselves thoroughly enjoying our meal. The airconditioned resto is kitchy and the owner is a delight. We enjoyed two medium carafes of house rose, two appetizers, two main plates and a shared dessert for 75E. The nems are delicious and my shrimp in spicy sauce was full of tender shrimp and lots of fresh veggies. Lance had the same dish with beef. He also enjoyed a bowl of pho and thinks its one of the best he has ever had. Even the bathroom is worth a visit as its uniquely decorated. Just a fun and delicious place to dine. The ice cold towel served along side an icy cold shot of sake is the perfect ending.

Sounds really good! We've always been put off by the location (no view), but we may try it this year. Thanks for the enticing review!

Another aspect of Vietnam's bathroom to keep in mind is that it may be the cleanest bathroom in Gustavia.

Works great as a take away too. Sit a Le Select and have a beverage. Send someone down to order then come back to Select and have another beverage. Go by and pick up food to take back to the villa. Works like a charm. kr.

This is one of our go-to places with every trip..sometimes several times. Although it's not the "traditional" SBH restaurant, it's a unique experience-I think many folks from the US picture something very different than what is offered here. Change of pace plus AC...AND one of the cleanest restrooms, as Kev points out. The location is part of the "ambiance"...up the stairs and, if you choose, duck out onto the outdoor dining :) Food is great, owners exceptional and just a fun place to unwind.

Is it just Vietnamese food.. or more asian fusion type food? Can someone post a menu?

Getting it "To go" while enjoying a Ti Punch at Select sounds ideal!

Had a great conversation with them about how they escaped during the fall of South Vietnam in 1975