• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Win Air Baggage Policy

sxmbeachlover

SBH Insider
We haven't flown Winair for a while. Their stated baggage policy is 1 free checked bag no more than 50 pounds and 1 carry on no more than 6 pounds! Do they enforce the carry on weight? Do they weigh your carry on? I like to carry on a small backpack with my netbook and cameras, etc, but it definitely weighs more than 6 pounds!

My carryon weighs 20 lbs or more, and I've never had a problem with Winair's carrying it for free.

Their policy is confusing. Carryingon means with you on the plane. The rolling bags go in the hold. They did weigh our rolling bags tho for whatever reason.

Their policy is confusing. Carryingon means with you on the plane. The rolling bags go in the hold. They did weigh our rolling bags tho for whatever reason.

Oh, does that mean each person gets a "grand total" of 50 pounds of baggage for free, which includes your carry on? In any case, I think we will be alright. On our next trip we will have our rollaboards which weigh 30 or 35 pounds, and our carryons.

Thanks!

Maybe I confused the issue. I have regular luggage which Winair weighs at their checkin counter and takes away. Then I have rolling bag and a briefcase. The rolling bag goes in the plane's hold or sometimes in the back of the plane and my briefacse comes aboard with me.

I just booked SBC one way and their weight limitations on their ticket are 20 kg baggage and 10 kg carryon.