Restaurant Franchin: Nice

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
We're in Nice for a short stay before we board the Seabourn Legend. Taking a chance on finding a good place to eat on Saturday evvening, sans reservation, we lucked out at the wonderful Restaurant Franchin. Jim enjoyed an avocado salad with a lemon/olive oil dressing and Dan ordered a potted combination of crab meat, avocado, shrimp and greens in a ravigotte sauce. It came in a preserve jar. Best for accompanying the appetizers was downing a superb Cotes du Rhone red wine. Dan ate a scallop dish with a side of spinach soufflé, while Jim had a delicious entire dourade, or sea bream. For dessert we both could not resist the delicious home-made mango mousse with a raspberry sauce. Walking back to the hotel alongside the ocean we were startled again at what a beautiful old Provencal city on the Mediterranean looks like when the stars are out. Jim & Dan

see the blog for more photos: http://hardtoport.blogspot.com

Cruise01 020.jpg

Last edited:
I am smiling, guys.

I am remembering our wonderful trip to the south of France for our 35th wedding anniversary and our stay in Cannes at the Carlton.
Yup, life is good!

Enjoy the cruise

Wow, that looks awesome, nice blog. We are just in the dream stages , of planning a Provence- Nice- Monaco-Chamonix trip for my 60th next fall. So everyone's research and experiences will go into our files . Have a wonderful trip!