Tomates Biologiques

cassidain

Senior Insider
Ran across Forever Green SBH a grower and vendor of organic tomatoes and vegetables in Petit Cul de Sac.
Check them out.

164402_594433127252521_657266397_n.jpg
Tomates Bleues
644403_582507955111705_144751021_n.jpg
Tomates Jaunes
230827_216365595059278_1042566_n.jpg
Tomates, Poivrons Verts, Aubergines

it's also available next to Emm ( only tomato right now )
Benoit forever green make a big garden at Lorient

:up:

Wendi will really like this for sentimental reasons because not only was her grandfathers name Benoit...but he was a big time serious veggie gardener

Rosita showed us the hillside garden of Benoit when we were there a few weeks ago......and now Forever Green SBH ?....How great is that , finally some homegrown produce from the island. I hope the trend continues.
Of course, there's still my hydroponic dream.............:wink2:

Not sure I understand How do we buy this wonderful produce on the island? Is the Lorient location where you purchase?

En effet, Benoît's organic garden (no pesticides, no insecticides) is in Lorient. He responds to my inquiry that he prefers sales via a phone call to English-speaking wife, Julie, and delivery. Julie's portable is 0690 65 23 55.

Rasied bed gardens filled with compost and drip irrigation :cool:

Sure, but none of those are new ideas. Just wondering why he's able to pull it off when others haven't been able to.

Even with drip irrigation, isn't water a rare and expensive commodity? I always thought that water or the lack there of was the limiting factor in gardening on the island.

It is costly and time consuming which probably limits his concern to a boutique. I know the locals have been growing Christophine squash for hundreds of years -- often see it on the menus.