Dover Sole

sbhlvr

Senior Insider
on the specials menu tonight at PB Boulangerie in Wellfleet. I'd make the trip today if it wasn't going to be crappy tomorrow.
However, if it really is Dover Sole, it wouldn't be fresh!

I know who sells to them..very well...

and it isnt

but its great fresh grey sole from Georges Bank

knowing who he buys it from..I would order it

the Bone Marrow on toast points sound good as well on tonights menu...

they do wonderful things with fresh monkfish too

Bone marrow on toast points....Oh boy. Broiled striped bass, lots of lemon and not much more, at the Black Pearl in Newport the other day was great. Translucent, sweet flakes of sweet white fish were delicious.

6 Wellfleets.....then codfish fish and chips, but the chips were fried in duck fat....at NorthEast Beer Gardens....with a few Mayflower IPAs...

I was very happy

The chips... Headed your way, en route to have bottom painted in Camden, soon. Will wave as we pass, and stop on the return trip.

looking forward to it... be safe....no lack of wind these days so you should make good time

Discovered marrow and bones this last trip to California-wow! I sure took to that in a nano second.

I would bet you when I go to sleep tonight I have not exceeded my recommended daily dose of sodium, fat and calories...

mathematics....if you go light and easy all day..you can cheat a little at night....its called averaging...

ok so tomorrow I will have tofu.....LOL

oh wait...sbhlvr and Dave are coming for dinner

scratch that,...

egg whites for breakfast and lean cuisine lunch...

the Bone Marrow on toast points sound good as well on tonights menu...

they do wonderful things with fresh monkfish too
Mike, how do you cook monkfish? I had some at Le Bernardin years ago and it was delicious, but it looks so awful I wouldn't know where to start.

it does look awful but it has been in high demand in Europe for a very long time...the tail meat is what you eat and any good recipe which involves any good white meat fish ( cod haddock halibut etc ) will work for monkfish...lemon/butter/wine works very well with it...poaching works well too