Thread: Lunch Suggestion?

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769

Lunch Suggestion?

Any suggestions for a nice spot for lunch----a business lunch? So...... Good food ( clients are into good food), good atmosphere, and not too loud. Mid-town East location would be ideal! I found this spot on Yelp, but can't get over the "replica artworks of Renaissance Artists" from the home page description .....

http://www.fabiopiccolofiore.com/

suggestions very much appreciated!!!!!:)
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room :)

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 NYC Posts: 1,373
    la grenouille on 3 east 52nd. street---212 752 1495
    the modern in MOMA 9 west 53rd st. 212 333 1220
    the four seasons 99 e 52nd st. 212 754 9494
    all are great for a business and/or special Lunch
    hope this helps
    Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet it's the youngest you will ever be......so........ENJOY THE DAY

Thank you!!! All look great, and Modern at MOMA is absolutely perfect, considering our topic of lunch discussion planned. Perfect. Reservations are made!

SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,343
    Kathy,
    The Modern at MOMA is one of our absolute favorites for lunch in the city. Excellent food and service in a spectacular setting. You and your clients will love it!

mb

Oh, so good to hear, MB! We are meeting with a close friend of mine who is an art expert and gallery owner, to discuss collecting. This is just perfect! Thanks

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    geez I will be looking for NYC lunch suggestions for 4 adults and 17 kids pretty soon

I'm thinking Rays pizza
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Sounds good to me! Just not this particular lunch date.....LOL

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    yeah I'm sure....

hopefully I get Fred to buy me a cup of coffee
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post

hopefully I get Fred to buy me a cup of coffee
    Now THERE'S an idea!!!

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2004 NYC Posts: 17,991
    Quote Originally Posted by katva View Post
    Now THERE'S an idea!!!

SEVENTEEN kids?

Only if I can bring restraints.
    Neutral and Witty.

no..just you and I...on my down time...all five minutes of it...LOL

probably staying midtown

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2005 nyc Posts: 215

Cool

geez I will be looking for NYC lunch suggestions for 4 adults and 17 kids pretty soon

I'm thinking Rays pizza
    You may want to consider Serafina (there are a few locations in Manhattan...my favorite is 79th and Madison Ave) for pizza and salads and other Italian dishes.

big enough to sit 20 all together?

Cool Madison Ave & 79th St Serafina Info

big enough to sit 20 all together?
    Mike, I have seen large groups sitting together, although I don't know about 20 people.
    Perhaps you can call them to see if they can seat 20 together:

Their phone # is:
    212 734 2676

yeah I will...looks interesting on their website.....says they have multiple private rooms...that may be the way to go....

thanks for that

Cool

yeah I will...looks interesting on their website.....says they have multiple private rooms...that may be the way to go....

thanks for that
    My pleasure!

Serafina, on 79th Street, is up a flight of stairs.
    They also have another room above that.
    Perhaps that is where they accommodate the larger parties.

you might also consider Gramercy Tavern on 20th street...(just made a reservation for me and Carole for Friday)
    always one of the top rated restaurants in the city
    Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet it's the youngest you will ever be......so........ENJOY THE DAY

Quote Originally Posted by soyabeans View Post
    you might also consider Gramercy Tavern on 20th street...(just made a reservation for me and Carole for Friday)
    always one of the top rated restaurants in the city
    Thanks! I had actually considered it, but we don't have time to cab downtown and then back uptown..So far, I have Eleven Madison Park for dinner Wednesday, The Modern at MOMA for lunch on Thursday, and then dinner at my hotel Thurs. evening (not really known for the food, so much as a really cool roof bar/lounge, and the small plates menu looks great!). What I don't have planned is lunch on Friday. We will be UES around 58th & 3rd. Probably grab a sandwich or something---know of any great delis or cafes around there?---somewhere we don't need a rez, since I can't gauge when we will be through working for the day....

why not consider P J Clarke's on 3rd and 55th street.......great for people watching and very good burgers
    Serifina 38 east 58th and Madison and 29 east 61st and Madison casual Italian also people watching

Thank you so much! P J Clarke's looks perfect.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,690
    Another fun spot that our NYC son took us to recently http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaur...china-grill-ny
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

Great, thanks JEK---another winner! I did make a reservation for lunch Friday, and may modify accordingly. Asian actually sounds perfect. Then I can cab straight down to Penn Station from there---easier than cabbing cross-town on a Friday afternoon!