• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Tevas, Tennis Shoes, or Hiking Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
we hike all year round.....and on the island..we only use TEVAs..but I have to qualify that by saying we dont wear the cheapo entry level TEVAs..we wear the good TEVAs with the heavy duty straps and shark tooth soles...definitely NOT hiking boots..no hike on the island is that challenging that hiking boots are required.....a good running sneaker would work as well

Welcome to the Forum Sydney! The only worry is off-road and off-trail walks -- watch out for cactus spikes that can go right through a tennis shoe.

8559040341_a6f1c62ffa_o.jpg

We walk/hike regularly on St Barth....found these best.
Lightweight, dry quickly w/toe protection required by medical wife.
3408657013_a4a36bd003_z.jpg

Great info all, many thanks!!!

Andy: Johnny-On-The-Spot...appreciate that.
Mike R: I like your avatar.
JEK: Thanks for the welcome and pic. That cactus looks pretty dicey...think we'll be sticking to the trails!
Stbartslover: Appreciate the Keen pic. Hadn't thought of those.

@ Tim: Are there different kinds of hikes? Wait a minute.....are you setting me up for a joke here?:eek:

we wear these...

teva.jpg

your point of reference will certainly dictate how seriously the walks/hikes are on St Barts..what you are used to....my wife is sitting next to me as I write this and I asked her what her best "hike" was on St. Barts...and she said "none..I ve never been on one....but I ve been on some great walks"

Attachments

• cote.jpg
    cote.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 796
At the risk of sounding more blonde than I am, anyone care to elaborate on Marius' 100th bday?

Some here celebrate Marius' birthday in SB and are planning on his 100th. Marius is the man that owns Le Select.

At the risk of sounding more blonde than I am, anyone care to elaborate on Marius' 100th bday?
Marius is an island legend and opened a bar that has been in operation since 1949. This year he celebrates his 90th birthday on June 5th and many of us plan on being there for the party. We are also optimistically looking forward to his 100th!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 792
it is what it is and I am certainly not going to apologize for it......join us anytime you'd like for a hike, if you want to check out our authenticity...we'd love to have you...nice and easy 4000 foot hikes here in the east

anytime...we re here

Status
Not open for further replies.