Land and sea trip to the Virgin Islands

Charlotte: Beautiful shot of the sunset. I found your trip report from earlier. Sounds like you had a challenging trip as it often is with family - especially with 9 people on a boat. I am still laughing at the picture in my head where your father-in-law forgot his wife. LOL.

Peter: I remember when Quito's Gazebo actually was a kind of gazebo. Stanley's is reputed to be the place Cheeseburger in Paradise was written about. Yes, I know about Le Select as well. I did hear a local steel pan band in CGB this trip at "Captain Ron's" which is the blue building in the last picture I posted.

2013-02-20

Loved your report Josh, it was great fun reminiscing about past trips to the BVI, both on land and by boat. Loved the Cane Garden Bay shots, we were there one Easter when the Armada arrived from Puerto Rico, boat upon boat arriving and then tying up together and partying the weekend away, it was quite a sight. Thanks for the memories.

Loved your report Josh, it was great fun reminiscing about past trips to the BVI, both on land and by boat. Loved the Cane Garden Bay shots, we were there one Easter when the Armada arrived from Puerto Rico, boat upon boat arriving and then tying up together and partying the weekend away, it was quite a sight. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks, patchdad, for reminding me about the Puerto Rican Navy. Some weekends they would take over an entire bay. Here's CGB from an earlier trip.

pic059.jpg

Just read your great report. Now I'm jones'in for a trip. As the others have said, reminds me of our trip, back in '97 (yikes that was a long time ago). Chartered a boat from Freedom which we loved, except for the crack in the water tank! Too bad that they aren't in business anymore. We kinda went the other way that you did. After going around to Marina Cay we hauled it to VG and hung out there for a bit. Also dined at Biras. After that we went over to Jost with the wind at our stern, man that was a hot one! Went to many of the stops you did. I didn't care for CGB then when it wasn't as populated as it looks now.
Thanks for posting that pic of Caneel. We spent part of our honeymoon there in'89. Two days prior to when Hugo hit (we were at Little Dix Day). Next year we'll be on STJ so we'll have to go and see how it is doing.
Have you bareboated with that outfit before? How did you like them?

Thanks, sbhlvr. BVI is Disneyland for sailors, isn't it? Line of sight navigation, beautiful and diverse land and seascapes, great infrastructure, moorings and anchorages, lots of special places, wreck diving, beaches, beach bars, music, restaurants, friendly people, constant trade winds, snorkeling, spiny lobster, great weather, and nice resorts to pamper you. Hadn't used Horizon before but they and the boat we were on were great.

Beautiful. I was just thinking last night, after this last 15 day trip to St Barts, that it may be time to switch it up to the BVI's. Thinking Guana Island.
Thanks for the report!