• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

La Samanna Rescue mission

JEK

Senior Insider
We have neighbors who participate in some sort of program that gives them nights at La Samanna and other properties around the world. They have been threatening to make a day visit to St. Barth for a couple of years, but it never materialized. Last week I got an email:

Hi Guys,
Ray and I are in St. Maarten right now with some friends. We were
scheduled to travel on a yacht to St. Barth tomorrow but we have just
been informed that the seas are too rough for the yacht. We are left
with the options of the plane or the high speed ferry. Do you think
St. Barth is worth leaving La Semana for? Is it a worthwhile
experience? If so am I correct in remembering that you recommend the
airplane? Finally, if we do go, any particular recommendations on the
Island?
Thanks,
Stacey

So, I sent a link to SBC, JC's phone number and the phone number for the Sand Bar along with instructions to have a drink at Select.

Got this back and ran into them last night at dinner -- we've made some converts!

St. Barths was great. Thanks for all of your tips. Used your driver, went to Sand Bar, Select Bar etc. thanks John.

Stacey

If they had only seen Sand Bar in the pre-pizza days they might have thought that lunch there was the best dinner on SBH...

I bet they loved JC, he is such a character, and of course the hawaiian shirt is the icing on the cake.

My first experience with St Barts was a day trip during a week long stay at La Samanna. Once my eyes were opened I never went back to St Martin.

That said, if I ever get stuck missing a connection to SBH, I'll be disappointed for all of about a minute before I realize what kind of damage I can do to the wine collection at La Samanna.

If I have go over to st. martin for the day alone, I always have lunch at La Samanna. This was also the first place that I stayed before venturing over to st. barth's. I came over in 1989 with a short stay at Samanna and then a villa in st. barths. Staying at La Samanna is a whole different experience than staying anywhere else in st. martin.

when I go over with dda, he insists on the sunset beach bar for lunch. which is also an interesting experience watching the planes arrive, and the tourists getting tossed into the surf.

If I have go over to st. martin for the day alone, I always have lunch at La Samanna. This was also the first place that I stayed before venturing over to st. barth's. I came over in 1989 with a short stay at Samanna and then a villa in st. barths. Staying at La Samanna is a whole different experience than staying anywhere else in st. martin.

when I go over with dda, he insists on the sunset beach bar for lunch. which is also an interesting experience watching the planes arrive, and the tourists getting tossed into the surf.

Agree. La Semanna is lovely, as is the Terres Brasses area near it, but all in all, I'll take St Bath hands down!!