NYC!

Sounds fairy tale-esque, for sure! I'm smiling as I remember the first NYC experience I shared with each of my daughters. They STILL talk about it and remember all the little details that made it perfect for them. Way to go, SuperMom!!

Andrew has grown so much from the boy in the Newport pictures! Have fun! There's nothing like an upgrade...

<<Best part of the day: Andrew told me that this was the best day of his life......ahhhhhhh. I'm so happy!>

GOOD for you, and Andrew!

Now, remember, keep your wallet in your FRONT pocket and don't talk to strangers....LOL

Another fantastic day in the Big Apple! Breakfast at the hotel, then off to work..... Which meant a trek back uptown to the D & D Building. Andrew was a charming and helpful assistant, and kept count of the showrooms and floors we visited. Then, lunch at Grand Central. I decided to try the fairly new Cipriani restaurant instead of the Oyster Bar. The view and atmosphere were great--- food, not so much. No worries, we enjoyed looking at the architecture and bustle of the space. Then, a walk down Lexington to the NY Design Center, and another multi- floor blitz, with Andrew being a huge help! Back up to the D & D to pick up samples, walk back to the hotel, crash for an hour......then cab downtown to Lupa. We met a close friend for a very jovial dinner--- food was excellent with an emphasis on fresh, perfect service, best Saltimboca I can recall! Cab up to the Empire State Building ( thanks Lynn for the tix!). It was blowing up a cold storm up there--- but WHAT A VIEW!!! Another 10. Tomorrow, more to come... Andrew loves it here. A trip to remember!

Kathy, your trip reports are great and so is your timing. Grand Central is celebrating its 100 yer anniversary so you chose well when you decided to have lunch there. It is such an iconic space.

Yesterday seems like eons and miles away! Another 10 for our last day in the Big Apple.....

We slept in a bit, and enjoyed another huge, European breakfast spread in the private lounge ( can I get used to this!!!). The croissants were pretty good...Andrew liked the chocolate ones! Then, to walk off the sleep and carbs, a brisk walk uptown to Central Park. The weather was freeeezing, so we just HAD to duck into the Apple store....loved the staircase and elevator...then a jaunt across the street to show Andrew the Oak Room Bar at the Plaza. He was wowed, again...although the space was occupied by the cast and crew of the new show "Smash"----- we got a full run- down from a camera guy...no movie star sightings that I'm aware of... (I probably wouldn't recognize them anyways.....). Then, a very quick duck into Central Park....we were running out of time!

Cab down to 10th and 36th(?) to get into the Highline park. Just like when Andrew was a young child, he was more fascinated by the construction going on around the place, than the intended sight to see! We watched a guy get an 18 wheeler into a glove- tight spot for around 1/2 hr....pretty amazing!

Beautiful PEACEFUL stroll along the Highline. --- so glad we ended the trip with this! Not to be missed. Excellent lunch spot at Red Cat ---- we loved the decor, anther top-notch service spot,and wonderful comfort food.

Following lunch, cab back to the hotel, then Penn Station, then.....ahhhhhh.......sleep on the train. What a magical trip!!!

...and thanks for all of your replies! With your help, we made it a most wonderful mother/son trip :)

Hey Kathy,
Great pics, you guys really hit the highlights. Andrew will be definitely wanting to come back for more! These got me in the mood for out next visit in 2 weeks. Gotta make some restaurant reservations...
Hoping for better weather, but looks like you made the best of it.

mb

Sounds like a great trip! We are headed up for a long weekend next weekend and may give Red Cat a try!

Sounds like Andrew will be singing his travel agent-Momma's praises for years to come. Y'all crammed a LOT into a little time...my kind of traveler!

very nicely done!...having grown up there I tend to take it all for granted, but your reports reminded me what a special city it is....Andrew should know how lucky he is

Are you bringing Andrew with you when you come to the Cape in June?...so I can offer him a job?

You could not ask for more...a great visit that covered so much about New York City. Well done Kathy and Andrew!

Thanks All! Yeah....on the train ride home, Andrew asked me what colleges/universities are in NYC!!! He loved it, and I loved watching his excitement....

iJEK, photo on the way

MikeR-----LET'S TALK!!!!