Bon Voyage JEK & Mrs. JEK

Arrived LAX after a 13 hour flight from AKL. Now one more leg of LAX-IAD and we are home! Lovely to come back to the TSA shoes-off, belt-off world. Was even told to remove my hankerchief from my pocket before the atomizer scan. On the good front, Global Entry was seamless and fast. Love that.

What's the state with the shoes off? Random or everyone does it? I haven't seen it happen anywhere else in the world (though I haven't flown through London in a while).

Loved travelling in Asia, most of the stupidity was lacking and everything was smooth without any priority/elite perks.

Everyone and only in the US. UK went back to shoes on a couple of years ago. None of our regional flights had any security in AU and NZ.

With TSA Pre I feel like I am overseas. Although in LGA they did ask me to take off my winter coat on Friday but it is nice to not have to take off suit coat and shoes or remove anything from my bags.

Lots of expansion -- even since we left.
[h=3]Q. Where is TSA Pre✓™ available?[/h]

A. Certain frequent travelers from Alaska, American, Delta, United, US Airways and U.S. citizens who are members of CBP's Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS, are eligible to participate in this program, which could qualify them for expedited screening at select checkpoints with the following airlines:
Alaska Airlines – Chicago O’Hare International, Dallas/Fort Worth International, Denver International, George Bush Intercontinental, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Honolulu International, John Wayne, Logan International, Los Angeles International, Miami International, Minneapolis-St. Paul International, Orlando International, Portland International, Ronald Reagan Washington National, Seattle-Tacoma International and Ted Stevens Anchorage International airports
American Airlines – Charlotte Douglas International, Chicago O’Hare International, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International, Dallas/Fort Worth International, Denver International, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Honolulu International, Indianapolis International, John F. Kennedy International, John Wayne, LaGuardia, Lambert-St. Louis International, Las Vegas’ McCarran International, Logan International, Los Angeles International, Miami International, Minneapolis-St. Paul International, Orlando International, Pittsburgh International, Portland International, San Francisco International, Seattle-Tacoma International, Ted Stevens Anchorage International and Washington Dulles International airports
Delta Air Lines – Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall, Charlotte Douglas International, Chicago O’Hare International, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International, Dallas/Fort Worth International, Denver International, Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Honolulu International, Indianapolis International, John Wayne, LaGuardia Airport, Las Vegas’ McCarran, Logan International, Los Angeles International, Luis Muñoz Marin International, Minneapolis-St. Paul International, Orlando International, Pittsburgh International, Portland International, Ronald Reagan Washington National, Salt Lake City International, Seattle-Tacoma International, Tampa International, Ted Stevens Anchorage International and Washington Dulles International airports
United Airlines – Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall, Charlotte Douglas International, Chicago O’Hare International, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International, Denver International, George Bush Intercontinental, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Honolulu International, Indianapolis International, John Wayne, Los Angeles International, Luis Muñoz Marin International, Minneapolis-St. Paul International, Newark Liberty International, Orlando International, Philadelphia International, Pittsburgh International, Portland International, Ronald Reagan Washington National, San Francisco International, Seattle-Tacoma International, Ted Stevens Anchorage International and Washington Dulles International airports
US Airways – Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall, Charlotte Douglas International, Chicago O’Hare International, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International, Denver International, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Honolulu International, Indianapolis International, John Wayne, Lambert-St. Louis International, Luis Muñoz Marin International, Minneapolis-St. Paul International, Orlando International, Philadelphia International, Phoenix Sky Harbor International, Pittsburgh International, Portland International, Ronald Reagan Washington National, Salt Lake International, Seattle-Tacoma International, Ted Stevens Anchorage International and Washington Dulles International airports
Building on its initial success, TSA plans to continue expanding TSA Pre✓™ to include additional airlines, as well as airports that participate in CBP’s Global Entry program, once operationally ready.

Everyone and only in the US. UK went back to shoes on a couple of years ago. None of our regional flights had any security in AU and NZ.

NZ has no passenger screening for planes less than 90 seats -- and pretty much all the domestic flights are on such a planes. Well planned :)

Sorted down 3100 images, which take 72 GBs on my hard drive, to a slideshow of a few that tell the story. Slideshow

Doing much laundry!

We're going for our Global Entry interviews on Thursday. Wish us luck.

FWIW, there was a 30 minute wait in the Immigration line at CLT last night and nobody using Global Entry's kiosks.