Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Problems

  1. #1
    katva is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769

    Problems

    Can't send a PM---I get an error message, saying my and the other person's message box if "full"Also, I can't seem to post a photo.Is there more work to be done to get the forum back up to speed, or am I doing something wrong? I would post the "confused" smiley thing, if possible, but that's the third problem...can't post a smile
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room :)

  2. #2
    andynap is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,584
    On Reply you can't tell whose post you are replying to


    Andy

  3. #3
    KevinS is online now
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 19,550
    Quote Originally Posted by katva View Post
    Can't send a PM---I get an error message, saying my and the other person's message box if "full"Also, I can't seem to post a photo.Is there more work to be done to get the forum back up to speed, or am I doing something wrong? I would post the "confused" smiley thing, if possible, but that's the third problem...can't post a smile
    PMs work for me. I just sent you one. One thing that I noticed is that case matters when typing the recipient's ID.

  4. #4
    JB is offline
    Administrator Joined: Jan 2008 Tucson AZ Posts: 382
    yes case matters when referring to a user


    case also matters wehn logging into the forums

  5. #5
    JB is offline
    Administrator Joined: Jan 2008 Tucson AZ Posts: 382
    There are some settings that I can adjust for messaging... i'm under the hood

  6. #6
    katva is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769
    Case wasn't the problem in that case--- but I think I just replied to your pm, Kevin. There are multiple issues....., and yes, one's post doesn't indicate who you are responding to. Also, format of the post (spacing, lines) don't get configured. Etc.

    I'll look forward to the adjustments!


    Wish I could post a photo though :-). I tried from my iPhone--- doesn't work :-(
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room :)

  7. #7
    Bart -my real name- is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    Here's a couple observations on my end since the upgrade:1) My user name has changed. My user name (the one that was attached to my posts) used to be "Bart -my real name-" and my login name (the one I logged in with and supplied the password to) was Bart1. Since the upgrade, both my login name and user name have changed to "Bart1"2) When I try to quote a post for a reply, nothing happens. The little wheel spins around and around, but the quoted text never appears in the "reply" box.3) When I reply to a message, nothing happens after I hit the "post reply" button. Again, the little wheel spins 'round and 'round, but the new message never shows up in the thread like it used to. What I've been doing is hitting the "reply" button, waiting a few minutes, and then going back up to the top the page and hitting the big tab for "SBH Forums". When I do that, I can see my post in the right hand column of the "master forum list"None of these are life threatening, but I just figured I'd let someone know.PS - jbadeau - Love the Jerry Garcia palm print!!!

  8. #8
    tim is offline
    Moderator Joined: Jun 2003 Vélo, Virginia Posts: 16,823
    Quote Originally Posted by jbadeau View Post
    There are some settings that I can adjust for messaging... i'm under the hood
    I'm still getting e mails at comcast this morning stating that my SBHonline inbox is full.
    The best moderation is the least moderation.

  9. #9
    NHDiane is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2003 New Hampshire Posts: 6,937
    I think this will be slow going for me, at least for a while. I find this format very confusing and tough to navigate, but this "grasshopper" will continue to work on it.
    Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me?
    John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.

  10. #10
    KevinS is online now
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 19,550
    Quote Originally Posted by NHDiane View Post
    I think this will be slow going for me, at least for a while. I find this format very confusing and tough to navigate, but this "grasshopper" will continue to work on it.
    Emma, I've found that using the New Posts menu selection up above makes navigating the forums easier, and gives me less to wade through.

  11. #11
    Bart -my real name- is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    Another thing I just noticed, is the format of my above post is all messed up.When I wrote it, I had spaces between each section ( #1, #2, #3), but when it displayed, it looks like one long paragraph.

  12. #12
    JB is offline
    Administrator Joined: Jan 2008 Tucson AZ Posts: 382
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart1 View Post
    Here's a couple observations on my end since the upgrade:1) My user name has changed. My user name (the one that was attached to my posts) used to be "Bart -my real name-" and my login name (the one I logged in with and supplied the password to) was Bart1. Since the upgrade, both my login name and user name have changed to "Bart1"2) When I try to quote a post for a reply, nothing happens. The little wheel spins around and around, but the quoted text never appears in the "reply" box.3) When I reply to a message, nothing happens after I hit the "post reply" button. Again, the little wheel spins 'round and 'round, but the new message never shows up in the thread like it used to. What I've been doing is hitting the "reply" button, waiting a few minutes, and then going back up to the top the page and hitting the big tab for "SBH Forums". When I do that, I can see my post in the right hand column of the "master forum list"None of these are life threatening, but I just figured I'd let someone know.PS - jbadeau - Love the Jerry Garcia palm print!!!

    1) You can change your username in your settings panel "MySBH"

    2) Replies
    are you still having this problem? both the reply and reply with quote options seem to be working well.

  13. #13
    KevinS is online now
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 19,550
    JB,Clicking on Reply With Quote sometimes works fine, and sometimes hangs. I haven't noticed a pattern yet.

  14. #14
    Bart -my real name- is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    Quote Originally Posted by jbadeau View Post
    1) You can change your username in your settings panel "MySBH"2) Repliesare you still having this problem? both the reply and reply with quote options seem to be working well.
    The reply problem still exists, but obviously I was able to attach a quote. Here's what I did (and this worked twice in a row)1) I hit "reply with quote" and the wheel started to spin.2) After 30 seconds, I hit the little "quote" symbol to the right of the "reply with quote" button. But again, nothing happened except the wheel started to spin.3) I hit the "reply with quote" button again and then my quoted messaged appeared in the reply box.4) I cancelled out of that thread and tried it again (now) and it worked, but I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work!

  15. #15
    Bart -my real name- is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    Also, when I hit submit, my message popped up as usual, so that problem is fixed.But again, my formating got all messsed up on the posted message. When I posted my message it was not in paragraph form as displayed. There were line breaks after nearly every sentence.Thanks for taking care of a couple of my issues though!!!

  16. #16
    Bart -my real name- is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    To further confuse things, when I replied to my own message (with out a quoted message embedded in the message), I hit the "post quick reply" button, but this time it got hung up and the wheel just spun around. I had to go back to the main forum and then go back into this thread to see my message.

  17. #17
    amyb is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,291
    Kevin-that is my favorite feature so far.

    The colors are very muted, lack POP. I will watch and wait patiently for glitces to be fixed.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •